Ingress - the game - on a boat?

JB Segal

Featured Posts

Ingress? You're way behind the times. That came out in 2012. It's also beset with problems of cheaters & spoofers, & Niantic still are crap with dealing with that even after all these years. Pokemon Go is the same game (with the same portals from ingress) with a different skin. It made me chuckle when Pokemon shares went up because of the viral nature of the game, then crashed again once peeps realised niantic made it instead of Pokemon.

There's a portal on the Northampton arm of the GU by the railway bridge, lock 15 or 16, I put it there.

There's also 1 smack bang in the middle of the Wathen Wigg suspensation bridge (the yellow footbridge just after Southbridge) at Northampton on the beginning of the River Nene after you come off the arm (I put that there too).

Edited by Ssscrudddy

If I say “Pong”, is there anyone here who thinks of anything other than either “oh no, where’s that smell coming from” or “My dog's rolled in a dead and rotting fish again!” ?

pong-gif-13.gif

Edited by carlt

4 hours ago, carlt said:

If I say “Pong”, is there anyone here who thinks of anything other than either “oh no, where’s that smell coming from” or “My dog's rolled in a dead and rotting fish again!” ?

pong-gif-13.gif

Me.

I am usually thinking there must be an elsan disposal point nearby and some bugger is having to pour 20kg of poo down it.

6 hours ago, carlt said:

pong-gif-13.gif

I think of the game, myself, but then I’m American. :)

Heck, I just visited a genuine Pong console at my favorite retro-arcade in New Hampshire a couple weeks ago. :)

Just now, JB Segal said:

Heck, I just visited a genuine Pong console at my favorite retro-arcade in New Hampshire a couple weeks ago. :)

Was it the table top one that you could sit and have a drink whilst playing?

So much more civilised than the ones you have to stand up to play.

I would love one for a coffee table but, like the Tablevac I also want, I'm not allowed to have one.

9 hours ago, Ssscrudddy said:

Ingress? You're way behind the times. That came out in 2012. It's also beset with problems of cheaters & spoofers, & Niantic still are crap with dealing with that even after all these years. Pokemon Go is the same game (with the same portals from ingress) with a different skin. It made me chuckle when Pokemon shares went up because of the viral nature of the game, then crashed again once peeps realised niantic made it instead of Pokemon.

There's a portal on the Northampton arm of the GU by the railway bridge, lock 15 or 16, I put it there.

There's also 1 smack bang in the middle of the Wathen Wigg suspensation bridge (the yellow footbridge just after Southbridge) at Northampton on the beginning of the River Nene after you come off the arm (I put that there too).

PoGo is not nearly as interesting to me as ingress, at least not before the most recent PoGo update with the trainer codes, which I haven’t looked at.

I particularly enjoy mission hacking, for a nice mosaic banner.

That said, I haven’t been playing much since I got to L14 and it’s all AP grinding to 16 for me.

I’m quite interested in what they do with Ingress Prime...