"orse harness

fittie

Featured Posts

Sorry, no on both counts. I was given to me  ages ago from a friend in Braunston who used to boat in the 60s early 70s. The only chance I had to 'rose boat I turned down as I was frightened of 'roses after one came up to me on a lock side while boating at night - scared the living do-dah out of me. Pity really.

3 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

It's only the 'back end' of the harness, the collar, hames, saddle at least are missing. Still of interest, though. 

It's all I got though.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, fittie said:

Sorry, no on both counts. I was given to me  ages ago from a friend in Braunston who used to boat in the 60s early 70s. The only chance I had to 'rose boat I turned down as I was frightened of 'roses after one came up to me on a lock side while boating at night - scared the living do-dah out of me. Pity really.

It's all I got though.

If you're not a 'horsey person' I could imagine that being pretty scary - you might get bumped into the lock.

Collars, depending on how they are made, don't always last as well as the harness; some times the stitching rots or if the inside that sits against the horse is felt it just breaks down.

22 minutes ago, fittie said:

It's all I got though.

Is it roses that scare you, or horses?

The only rose i find scary, is Axl Rose, cos he's got a gun. 

Predictive blooming text! 'Orses not roses!

Mind you they do have them pointy bits and if you give a bunch to someone there is no telling where it might lead. So roses, like 'orses, can be dangerous.

Just now, fittie said:

I've just re-read my post and didn't realise that it had changed all my 'orses to rose...don't you just love technology. Where's my quill?

I did wonder why a rose came up to you one night by the lock side. Mind I've been in some good lockside pubs too:)

I realise that you're not offering it for sale, but if you did, or wanted it sensitively restored we have the tools and ability to do the job. If the surviving leather is not too far gone we could put it on an 'oss  and use it too..

preparing to pull.jpg

Edited by Rick-n-Jo
autoconfuse
  • Greenie 1
  • Love 1