Diesel costs

Dunworkin

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

This is how my bow deck and cants are constructed, I don't know about the rear as I can't see in the diesel tank

cant.jpg

Quite!

I think that Mikes assumption that the cants never actually form part of an integrated fuel tank in the back end is probably flawed.

I'm fairly certain on "Chalice" that they were part of the fuel tank - something that caught you out, because if you didn't stop filling soon enough, the level in them came up very quickly indeed, and you could overfill it.

18 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Quite!

I think that Mikes assumption that the cants never actually form part of an integrated fuel tank in the back end is probably flawed.

I'm fairly certain on "Chalice" that they were part of the fuel tank - something that caught you out, because if you didn't stop filling soon enough, the level in them came up very quickly indeed, and you could overfill it.

My filler is on the deck level so below the cants, but I have never had diesel come out of my vent. That could be down to a number of reasons, One I don't fill it right to the underside of the deck, two the cant is part of the tank so 30mm higher that the maximum fill level three the builder forgot to drill a hole before welding the dolly on.

• 2 weeks later...

I am now only ever filling up with diesel at Newbury marina and no where else even if I have to travel from the north to fill up, after filling up there yesterday and meeting their newish filling up person.........................names " Claudia " and ohhhhhhh that accent................and blonde.............and....................:wub:..................it was a good price too but who cares methinks their sales will increase!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

I am now only ever filling up with diesel at Newbury marina and no where else even if I have to travel from the north to fill up, after filling up there yesterday and meeting their newish filling up person.........................names " Claudia " and ohhhhhhh that accent................and blonde.............and....................:wub:..................it was a good price too but who cares methinks their sales will increase!!

Photos

• Haha 1