Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

Can England go all the way? I’m not getting over excited with today’s result, a bit fortunate to get six I reckon. However, we look as good as anyone else, so could we...win the cup???

Germany have produced the one moment of greatness so far, coming from behind to beat a good team, mind you, they needed to, otherwise they were out... 

A good few goals of the latest game were down to how dirty Panama were playing, which the ref wasn't going to stand for, but England did what they needed to do given the situation. If they can remain level headed and keep up the team work I think they've certainly got a few games left in them.

I don't even follow football but this year's world cup has certainly been interesting so far.

2 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

Germany have produced the one moment of greatness so far, coming from behind to beat a good team, mind you, they needed to, otherwise they were out... 

Plus Ronaldo with his late equaliser against Spain. 

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Does paint eventualy dry?

How could you know as it’s always raining in your world...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ianali said:

Plus Ronaldo with his late equaliser against Spain. 

Actually, yes, you're right - he showed the difference between a player with great skill and a great player. 

1 hour ago, magpie patrick said:

I can't believe you think that, they were lucky that the ref appeared to help them, they were terrible.i saw no greatness , just a travesty.

i appreciate other views are available, but greatness ,weird how people see things differently .

1 hour ago, ianali said:

Can England go all the way? I’m not getting over excited with today’s result, a bit fortunate to get six I reckon. However, we look as good as anyone else, so could we...win the cup???

If you think they may, then have a flutter, I did, 11s seems fair.

4 minutes ago, Timx said:

I can't believe you think that, they were lucky that the ref appeared to help them, they were terrible.i saw no greatness , just a travesty.

i appreciate other views are available, but greatness ,weird how people see things differently .

Great teams win when they're not playing well and the chips are down - that's what Germany did.

By a similar token, I'm not sure Cristiano Ronaldo is as skillful as Lionel Messi, but when the chips are down Ronaldo pulls a rabit out of the hat

4 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

Great teams win when they're not playing well and the chips are down - that's what Germany did.

By a similar token, I'm not sure Cristiano Ronaldo is as skillful as Lionel Messi, but when the chips are down Ronaldo pulls a rabit out of the hat

Germany are not a great team anymore, they are poor and got lucky, because they were helped by bad refereeing in my opinion. No chips involved, but was definitely fishy.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Does paint eventualy dry?

Not sure, i am watching grass grow at the moment, more interesting.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Timx said:

Germany are not a great team anymore, they are poor and got lucky, because they were helped by bad refereeing in my opinion. No chips involved, but was definitely fishy.

That's my point, great teams and great players ride their luck. Germany might have been dead and buried early on, they weren't and they had the mental strength to score late on - it wasn't the easiest of places to score from, they didn't just whack a direct shot in (or more likely over or wide) and it was a heck of a strike to score like that. They got one chance and they took it.

Compare that to Argentina, the runners up last time, who missed a penalty against Iceland and then caved in completely against Croatia, no amount of luck or bias from the referee could save them

England and Russia haven't really been tested yet, they both may also be up to the mark, along with Belgium, all three have proved ruthless against lesser opponents 

5 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

That's my point, great teams and great players ride their luck. Germany might have been dead and buried early on, they weren't and they had the mental strength to score late on - it wasn't the easiest of places to score from, they didn't just whack a direct shot in (or more likely over or wide) and it was a heck of a strike to score like that. They got one chance and they took it.

Compare that to Argentina, the runners up last time, who missed a penalty against Iceland and then caved in completely against Croatia, no amount of luck or bias from the referee could save them

England and Russia haven't really been tested yet, they both may also be up to the mark, along with Belgium, all three have proved ruthless against lesser opponents 

England were tested by Tunisia. Agree with you on German mentality, great free kick. P.S. can some of the forum not read? 

I haven't watched a lot of it but did catch part of the match between Switzerland and Serbia and did rather get the impression that I don't know why they have VAR. The 'tackle' that the two Swiss players carried out on the Serbian in the penalty area would have been an excellent tackle.......in Rugby Union, two on one, wrestle him to the ground (even though he didn't have the ball). Not a squeak from the referee or VAR, do I no longer understand the rules regarding penalties?:unsure:

If we do get the cup it will be a bit of an anti-climax after 52 years of waiting.

"We've won? Oh right, better late than never I suppose..." 

Edited by nb Innisfree

Well typical innit, a couple of weeks in, England doing really well and it gets a mention.

It was a brilliant result today but could they go all the way? Possibly, ex Middlesbrough player  (just thought I'd mention that) Southgate seems to  have re energised the team. The set pieces are a master class and some of the individual skill is amazing to watch.

Kerrrrrrmmmmmmmon England.....

4 hours ago, ianali said:

I am sorry, I tried but (and I can't stress this enough)  I can't give a damn.

Just not my game football. But of course many do and I hope for their sake that the team do well.

1 minute ago, churchward said:

Just not my game football. But of course many do and I hope for their sake that the team do well.

Well, I'm sorry, but I tried too but frankly I couldn't give a damn that you couldn't give a damn....

14 minutes ago, churchward said:

Your response is why I hesitated to post this topic. I knew that some of you wouldn’t be able to resist posting even though you have no interest in football. Can’t you just go away? 

8 minutes ago, ianali said:

Your response is why I hesitated to post this topic. I knew that some of you wouldn’t be able to resist posting even though you have no interest in football. Can’t you just go away? 

No but I will take back my wish for the team to do well if you like?

21 minutes ago, MJG said:

Well, I'm sorry, but I tried too but frankly I couldn't give a damn that you couldn't give a damn....

That's OK it is not required.

Edited by churchward

4 minutes ago, churchward said:

No but I will take back my wish for the team to do well if you like?

That's OK it is not required.

You must be bored.

The op very  clearly said ignore if you don't like football but you simply couldn't resist.

It reminds me of the cretinous posts we get when some body asks 'I'm struggling to get tv on the boat, any recomendations' 

And somebody pipes up (thinking they are being ever so origanal) oh just don't watch it,

fab, but utterly worthless.

4 minutes ago, MJG said:

You must be bored.

The op very  clearly said ignore if you don't like football but you simply couldn't resist.

It reminds me of the cretinous posts we get when some body asks 'I'm struggling to get tv on the boat, any recomendations' 

And somebody pipes up (thinking they are being ever so origanal) oh just don't watch it,

fab, but utterly worthless.

I promise I will resist quoting the many, many posts where you post just as you describe.

• Haha 1

There is more chance of me voting for Jezzer at the next election than England going all the way. Having said that, as a novice team they are doing well, and I hope they progress in the knockout stages as well. What it does impress me is that a bunch of relative novices, are doing far better than the prima donnas we have selected to play for us in the past.

13 minutes ago, churchward said:

I promise I will resist quoting the many, many posts where you post just as you describe.

I think you may have to go some way back, but go on them I'm interested. You know you like a last word competition as much as the rest of us so go for it.

10 minutes ago, Phil. said:

There is more chance of me voting for Jezzer at the next election than England going all the way. Having said that, as a novice team they are doing well, and I hope they progress in the knockout stages as well. What it does impress me is that a bunch of relative novices, are doing far better than the prima donnas we have selected to play for us in the past.

Well you see there were lots said a lot of things about politics recently and about what and wouldn't happen. 

Three words, Brexit, trump and May. So if I was a betting man I wouldn't bet against it.

2 minutes ago, MJG said:

I think you may have to go some way back, but go on them I'm interested. You know you like a last word competition as much as the rest of us so go for it.

No I promised I would not. However all you need do is look up in this thread.  Surely the irony cannot be lost on you that but for your interjection this discussion would be not continuing for the number of posts that it has.

If you reread my post also you will see what I am saying is that I do not have an interest myself but I wish the team well for those that do.  What a terrible thing to do obviously.