CRT Auto Renew License

Glynn

Featured Posts

Hi everyone,

I have the Aito Renew set up for my CRT license.

The current license expires end of this month, yet they haven't yet renewed it, anyone know when they do it ?.

Dont want to lose the prompt payment discount.

I'd check - they normally filch* take the money 14 days before I believe, it should have gone by now

I had to unset mine as they had a habit of taking the money before I'd got it in the account which results in letters from the bank manager

*If you search you will find a thread I started on this when they auto-renewed without my knowldedge

You should have had a confirmation email with the licence attached for you to print out by now.  Mine, due end of May, came quite early in the month.  They didn't take the money until the 16th June though - similar to last year.

I would contact CRT pretty promptly to sort it out, they may not have you down for a DD.

7 minutes ago, Glynn said:

Thanks will do.

I could just use the Quick Renew I suppose.

yeah, but you don't want to risk paying twice

49 minutes ago, dor said:

You should have had a confirmation email with the licence attached for you to print out by now.  Mine, due end of May, came quite early in the month.  They didn't take the money until the 16th June though - similar to last year.

I would contact CRT pretty promptly to sort it out, they may not have you down for a DD.

They did mine off my debit card, for one boat the first I knew as they complained my card had expired, for the other, the first I knew was the hole in the wall wouldn't give me any money...

Why don’t you just turn off auto renew, and then renew it manually, you will be done in 10 mins, and the licence printed out. That is what I did a week or so ago.  

Interestingly though a printed licence has now come in the post from CRT which I have not had since they started letting you print you own, so no idea what that is about. But it is just the same as the one you print yourself, not coloured like they used to be.

15 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Why don’t you just turn off auto renew, and then renew it manually, you will be done in 10 mins, and the licence printed out. That is what I did a week or so ago.  

Interestingly though a printed licence has now come in the post from CRT which I have not had since they started letting you print you own, so no idea what that is about. But it is just the same as the one you print yourself, not coloured like they used to be.

I think this might be the best way, thanks.

2 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

yeah, but you don't want to risk paying twice

They did mine off my debit card, for one boat the first I knew as they complained my card had expired, for the other, the first I knew was the hole in the wall wouldn't give me any money...

Would love to know how CRT (or anyone else) successfully took a payment off an expired card. (Unless its TSB, of course).

4 hours ago, Glynn said:

Hi everyone,

I have the Aito Renew set up for my CRT license.

The current license expires end of this month, yet they haven't yet renewed it, anyone know when they do it ?.

Dont want to lose the prompt payment discount.

I had signed up for auto renew. I double checked it online a couple of weeks before the old license was due to expire and yes, it did indeed say that I had selected auto renew.

This week I received a stroppy letter telling me my boat has been seen on the water without a valid license! So I had to go online (auto renew was still selected) and pay it manually. 

One year they charged me for two licenses (via DD payments) for several months - they didn't notice their error but I did eventually. So next month I'll have to check that they're not doing that to me again. 

52 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Would love to know how CRT (or anyone else) successfully took a payment off an expired card. (Unless its TSB, of course).

Two separate incidents - They sent me an email saying they couldn't licence Juno because the card had expired - I did it manually with the new card details. They auto-renewed Lutine (with a valid card) but there wasn't enough money in the account. 

They do at least seem to have changed to opt-in to auto-renew rather than opt-out. Their ability to cock it up is one reason I opt out

On 24/06/2018 at 12:03, magpie patrick said:

On 24/06/2018 at 15:26, magpie patrick said:

Two separate incidents - They sent me an email saying they couldn't licence Juno because the card had expired - I did it manually with the new card details. They auto-renewed Lutine (with a valid card) but there wasn't enough money in the account. 

They do at least seem to have changed to opt-in to auto-renew rather than opt-out. Their ability to cock it up is one reason I opt out

Aaaaah apologies - I didn't read/understand your post properly the first time.

ah, but you don't want to risk paying twice

Maybe just as well you had auto-renew on, otherwise you'd have not realised it was about to expire and forgotten to renew it on time? I don't know. Maybe auto-renew has its place. Personally I seem to have stabilised on using Google Calendar, so I put diary entries in for a year in advance, for the dates things like insurance etc run out on.