Immersion heater rating for 16A

wullie

Featured Posts

On 23/06/2018 at 11:44, Loddon said:

Yes but not much else

16amp supply can run a heater up to 3.6kw.

Boat electrics have a lot to do to catch up with those in a modern caravan.

We can run our Alde combi at 3kw to heat the water on a 16a supply but if we switch something else on that would trip the supply the Alde water heater shuts down temporarily whilst you say boil a kettle, it then switches back on again when the kettle switches off.

The limit at which it cuts in is adjustable too.

Edited by MJG

• 3 weeks later...

I use a 1 kW immersion heater which I got from here:

https://www.heatrodshop.com/product-category/immersion-heaters/domestic

They have the full selection of shapes and sizes unlike most people who only sell the version above - my vertical calorifier needs the 27"er and they seem to be a bit of a sod to find. 

The prices are a bit steep compared to a normal one but they're fully conventional regarding replacement thermostats and things and of course made in the UK. 

52 minutes ago, twelveeyedfish said:

I use a 1 kW immersion heater which I got from here:

https://www.heatrodshop.com/product-category/immersion-heaters/domestic

They have the full selection of shapes and sizes unlike most people who only sell the version above - my vertical calorifier needs the 27"er and they seem to be a bit of a sod to find. 

The prices are a bit steep compared to a normal one but they're fully conventional regarding replacement thermostats and things and of course made in the UK. 

If you mean 27" are difficult to find, screwfix has a selection, however if you mean 27" AND 1kw rating then I agree.