'Mad' narrow boaters to navigate The Wash to Bedford

Ray T

Featured Posts

To be honest I am not at all sure.  We are travelling to the Bedford River festival and doing as much of the ‘bits’ of this area as we can.  We have our ‘flag officer - navigation’ sorting the route just now, although busy sorting their boat as an Anglian TV film crew are travelling with them this morning.  The following is the link but it is only available until this evening - scroll forward to about 22mins and 50 seconds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b7mdgs/look-east-west-evening-news-28062018

1 hour ago, TeeELL said:

To be honest I am not at all sure.  We are travelling to the Bedford River festival and doing as much of the ‘bits’ of this area as we can.  We have our ‘flag officer - navigation’ sorting the route just now, although busy sorting their boat as an Anglian TV film crew are travelling with them this morning.  The following is the link but it is only available until this evening - scroll forward to about 22mins and 50 seconds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b7mdgs/look-east-west-evening-news-28062018

Thanks, I couldn't find anything on that link.

If you want any last minute advice on getting to all the bits, let me know. I think I've done them all...  The EA have recently sent an inspection launch up the NBR, so should have a good idea of silt and weed issues, if any. I found some silt near to one of the pumping stations, which was quite interesting.

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

On 29/06/2018 at 16:28, TeeELL said:

Scholar Gypsy,

thanks for the offer, our navigator is off visiting Upwell church.  When she returns I will obtain an itinerary and let you know.  Moored in Upwell at the moment.

Dear Tony

Before I forget, I would be interested in a discussion with someone -- navigator, or flag officer - navigation, or whoever -- about your arrival at Wisbech. 

I'll be  helping to organise a large group next year and I'd be interested to learn how you did it without (I hope!) any collisions or swearing. If they could drop me a PM or an email that would be  much appreciated.

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

9 minutes ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

Dear Tony

Before I forget, I would be interested in a discussion with someone -- navigator, or flag officer - navigation, or whoever -- about your arrival at Wisbech. 

I'll be  helping to organise a large group next year and I'd be interested to learn how you did it without (I hope!) any collisions or swearing. If they could drop me a PM or an email that would be  much appreciated.

But surely, collisions and swearing are what boating is all about? :captain:

Howard

3 minutes ago, TeeELL said:

Howard, collisions and swearing are, most definately, NOT part of our itinerary.  We leave that to other TV primadonnas.

For the sake of clarity, I was joking, hence the Emoji ?

Enjoy your trip and I hope the weather stays good for you and happy landfalls!

Howard