Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, meerdog said:

3 otters have been around Calcutt locks and marina over last winter and recently. Regarding the fence which I had heard about months ago I think there is a public footpath over Calcutt top lock and round the reservoir to the car park so I can"t see how access can be restricted that much.

Yes there is a public footpath on the north and west sides of the reservoir. Calcutt rent the canal side on the east as far as the embankment across the middle and the local fishing club use the embankment, north and west sides. The public have used the east side and the embankment for walking in addition to the public footpath for years. 

Cheers Graham

Fence posts are in between canal and reservoir nearest the locks but they have been held up by the big leak where water is flowing out of the canal into the reservoir. Right by Graham and Jo's boat'

See I told you I should worry about the Leak I am going to be floating in the reservoir one night. 

Apparently the fence will be at the bottom of the embankment on the far side. I don't know what they are doing about the footpaths. Our end of the causeway could just be blocked as there is no public right of way there. 

Cheers Graham

38 minutes ago, Graham and Jo said:

See I told you I should worry about the Leak I am going to be floating in the reservoir one night. 

Apparently the fence will be at the bottom of the embankment on the far side. I don't know what they are doing about the footpaths. Our end of the causeway could just be blocked as there is no public right of way there. 

Cheers Graham

I am assuming here that Crt have been informed about the leak. PS Your boat was still on its mooring yesterday

Edited by Tonka
extra info

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

I am assuming here that Crt have been informed about the leak. PS Your boat was still on its mooring yesterday

I rang them up ages ago, they didn't seem too concerned explaining it was piled there so there was no great threat. They did say they would get the inspector of reservoirs to look at it though. They also added that the last leak there leaked for five years with no problems.

I guess as the water can go round in a circle from the canal to the reservoir to below the locks and back  pumped up again the only loss is in electricity for the back pumps.

Thanks for checking on the boat, I am probably there on Sunday so know I won't have to sleep in the car!

Cheers Graham

Edited by Graham and Jo
Missed a bit.

I've seen a few members of the mustelidae family, the big ones are easy, the little ones harder to identify. However a wildlife expert told me one is weasily distinguished t'other's totally different. 

Now where is my mink coat? 

22 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

I've seen a few members of the mustelidae family, the big ones are easy, the little ones harder to identify. However a wildlife expert told me one is weasily distinguished t'other's totally different. 

Now where is my mink coat? 

Good that has given me all I need to help identify those homeless otters when they come knocking on the boat at night. Do otters like crisps and Jack Daniels?

Cheers Graham

13 minutes ago, Graham and Jo said:

Good that has given me all I need to help identify those homeless otters when they come knocking on the boat at night. Do otters like crisps and Jack Daniels?

Cheers Graham

I visited Hawes Villa ca****n site near Silverdale, adjacent to Hawes water, the largest natural lake in Lancashire, the owners son lives in a big static on site, they were awoken by a young otter seeking shelter in their porch. So it can happen.