Aldi doing inflatable boats for £40

ronnietucker

Featured Posts

Aldi's special deal from today (21st June) is a two-man boat for £40 each.

NOTE: neither comes with a pump, but the grey one (that I bought) seems to use two 10mm and two 17mm valves. I'm going to try a rechargeable inflator from Argos to see if that works.

Sport-Boat-A.jpg.72bbd74aa23eb8d29d32e63ba7c641c8.jpg

https://www.aldi.co.uk/crane-sports-boat/p/096400217615101

and:

Family-Boat-A.jpg.2e0000d12b469b60cc64c80cf56cbc2b.jpg

https://www.aldi.co.uk/crane-family-boat/p/096400215548700

Good to keep aboard as a knock-about, or in case of an emergency I suppose.

I bought one today. Next Thursdays offer look good too. In particular there is an Electric Air pump for beds chairs balls and toys and I reckon it will be good to inflate the boats. Only £5.99 ?

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, ronnietucker said:

Aldi's special deal from today (21st June) is a two-man boat for £40 each.

NOTE: neither comes with a pump, but the grey one (that I bought) seems to use two 10mm and two 17mm valves. I'm going to try a rechargeable inflator from Argos to see if that works.

Sport-Boat-A.jpg.72bbd74aa23eb8d29d32e63ba7c641c8.jpg

https://www.aldi.co.uk/crane-sports-boat/p/096400217615101

and:

Family-Boat-A.jpg.2e0000d12b469b60cc64c80cf56cbc2b.jpg

https://www.aldi.co.uk/crane-family-boat/p/096400215548700

Good to keep aboard as a knock-about, or in case of an emergency I suppose.

They look a bit Thin and Plastickey .the type of Boat that is good as long as you don't need to use it... 

2 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

They look a bit Thin and Plastickey .the type of Boat that is good as long as you don't need to use it... 

The material feels pretty good. It's not like a paddling pool/beach ball material. It seems a bit thicker and stronger.

For £40 I'll give it a go for lazy paddling up and down the canal on a nice day.

Something else to dodge on the canals and rivers this summer probably packed with mum, dad and kids with not a life jacket between them, what could go wrong. I expect we will also get our share going out to sea here on the east coast keeping the lifeboat busy.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jessymoo said:

I bought one today. Next Thursdays offer look good too. In particular there is an Electric Air pump for beds chairs balls and toys and I reckon it will be good to inflate the boats. Only £5.99 ?

I'm lazy, so I'm looking up rechargeable pumps (with cigarette lighter adapter of course).  :D

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

Something else to dodge on the canals and rivers this summer probably packed with mum, dad and kids with not a life jacket between them, what could go wrong. I expect we will also get our share going out to sea here on the east coast keeping the lifeboat busy.

Anyone taking one of these on a river needs their heads looked at.

2 minutes ago, ronnietucker said:

I'm lazy, so I'm looking up rechargeable pumps (with cigarette lighter adapter of course).  :D

Anyone taking one of these on a river needs their heads looked at.

You will find them on the Nene and the Thames also the sea, They even use to go blowing past the gas platforms, empty I might add

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ronnietucker said:

The material feels pretty good. It's not like a paddling pool/beach ball material. It seems a bit thicker and stronger.

For £40 I'll give it a go for lazy paddling up and down the canal on a nice day.

For £80-100  you could get a Real Inflatable , they get cheap once they are faded .still lots of service Life left in them my current one was £85 3 years ago .Afloat 24\7.

22 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Will make a change from rescuing kids on inflatable flamingos from Lidl

IMG_20170717_140204667_BURST000_COVER.jpg

• Greenie 1

15 hours ago, ronnietucker said:

Easier to portage around closed bridges and broken locks than a Dawncraft 22 .......

7 hours ago, Up-Side-Down said:

Easier to portage around closed bridges and broken locks than a Dawncraft 22 .......

Aye, true. I wonder how long it'd take me to row to Edinburgh?

Do they allow cheap Aldi inflatable dinghies in the Falkirk Wheel?  :D

9 hours ago, zenataomm said:

I just bought a grey one, it has a picture on the box of it being propped up by a young leggy blond.

I got it home and opened the box, it is disappointing all it has in it is a deflated dinghy.

That's not good, it should have said "Serving suggestion" next to the picture...

• Greenie 1