Laurence Hogg - RIP

matty40s

Featured Posts

Ray Shill mentioned this earlier, he is probably too upset to post anything more.

I have met Laurence once, and I and Kathy have chatted to him many times on here, in fact, he even used to come on and out of the chatroom on his internet.

A fantastic waterways historian and someone who wanted things done properly, which is why he sometimes became frustrated with BW and CRT. 

from BCNS email.

Hi All
It is with a heavy heart that I send this to you:-
The following information was sent to me by Bob Williams.

Dear friends,
You may not know that our long-serving supporter, Laurence Hogg (aged 65) died very unexpectedly in Shrewsbury Hospital on 3rd June, overwhelmed by progressive medical problems.
The funeral has been arranged for Monday 25th June, 2:30pm at Bushbury Crematorium, north of Wolverhampton.

Laurence was widely known in waterway circles, often called upon for his expert knowledge, particularly in the Midlands. His tenure of nb "BARNET" for many years served as a base for film production and for volunteer activity on the canals. Latterly he had developed an alternative interest in trading model railway items, many created by his own ability attracting an extensive following.
Attached is an obituary I prepared for publication which you may want to insert in your next edition. The photo is my own and does not need any acknowledgement.
Regards,
Bob Williams, Director

s

Edited by matty40s