Moorings Leicester.

Detling

Featured Posts

Someone will be along soon who has recent up to date info. I havnt moored there for about twenty years so pointless mentioning. However I contacted CART a couple of weeks ago asking if they had a list of times allowed at various mooring site since the introduction fairly recently of the 1 day, 2 days 1 week etc etc etc etc etc and they dont have one!! Its the usual case of 14 days unless posted otherwise which of course is a fat lot of good to people trying to make any plans for various reasons.

We stayed 2 weeks ago a leicester marina @£6 a night and theres a car rental co 4 minutes walk away.... we had received a couple of warnings about the park/ garden moorings of late night noise etc...

For us all i can say leucester matina were accomodating friendly and very laid back.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Detling said:

I see from searching that there are moorings at Castle gardens and Friars Mill any idea how long a stay is allowed 48 Hr, 2 day, 7 day or 14 day?

2 days ( formerly 48 hours at Castle gardens and Friar Lane) , not sure about the brand new ones at Memory Lane, Richard T might know, he was there a couple of weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Titan said:

... we had received a couple of warnings about the park/ garden moorings of late night noise etc...

Unfounded in my (singular) experience. The only issue I found was the wheely bins were left full and the rats had eaten holes in the base so we're living in them. They weren't a problem per se, but the bins are on the pontoon itself so they might a bit close for comfort!  The gardens are nice and were locked in the evening so remained peaceful.

Edited by Sea Dog
Autocorrect bolleaux