Warwick to Braunston

Midnight Rider

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Halsey said:

As do most of us I'm sure…………………...

Give me a pub with dogs rather than "little darlings" any day

Totally agree. 

Nothing ruins the atmosphere of a good pub like badly behaved children running around/shouting/whining/crying.

• Happy 1

8 hours ago, Midnight Rider said:

It would appear that you don't use many canalside pubs then or the cafe at Fradley now called the Laughing Duck. Even in the upmarket Moorings there was an area that we could have taken the dog in. As it happens, we didn't.

Thanks for the information, I'll add it to my list.

:)

On 21/09/2018 at 12:15, Halsey said:

As do most of us I'm sure…………………...

Give me a pub with dogs rather than "little darlings" any day

Soooo agree with this as get fed up with whinging,spoilt brats demanding attention.It's sad,but there seem to be more badly behaved youngsters than little treasures these days.Sorry if your offspring are little angels in public places,we just don't seem destined to meet them !

PS we like the idea of pubs being for adults at night !

Edited by The Bearwood Boster
  • Greenie 1

12 hours ago, Halsey said:

One of the best pubs I know for welcoming dogs is the Samuel Barlow at Alvecote 

The Swan at Compton.  The locals have a dog biscuit stash - I'm not sure 2 legged visitors are allowed in unaccompanied!  Nice "proper" pub. 

Edited by Sea Dog
Sorry - might just about be on topic, but definitely off route!

On 21 September 2018 at 12:52, frahkn said:

The Swan in Stone used to allow dogs but not kids. I don't know if this is still the case.

This was precisely how I ran my always very busy pubs. No one under eighteen, end of.

12 hours ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Soooo agree with this as get fed up with whinging,spoilt brats demanding attention.It's sad,but there seem to be more badly behaved youngsters than little treasures these days.Sorry if your offspring are little angels in public places,we just don't seem destined to meet them !

PS we like the idea of pubs being for adults at night !

When I went into the pub trade I realised that people who were paying for a babysitter whilst they had an evening at the pub didn't want to sit next to somebody else's kids in the pub, hence why I didn't allow kids lunch or evening. It's not rocket science. Some other companies and hotels have caught on since and now there are several nice hotels we can visit where kids are not allowed.