Can we have a new rule

rasputin

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

I do have a home mooring but I am never on it. Well not since october 10th last year anyway :P

And there is absolutely no legal requirement for you to either return to it, or to use it.

HHJ Halbert :

6:3 There are clear anomalies in both positions, CRT clearly regard the occupation of moorings by permanently residential boat owners who do not move very much as a significant problem (see paragraphs 3.5 and 3.6 above). However, neither the statutory regime in subsection 17(3) nor the guidelines can deal with this problem. A boat which has a home mooring is not required to be “bona fide” used for navigation throughout the period of the licence, but neither is it required to ever use its home mooring. The act requires that the mooring is available, it does not say it must be used. The guidelines also have this effect. The boat is still subject to the restriction that it must not stay in the same place for more than 14 days but there is nothing whatever to stop it being shuffled between two locations quite close together provided they are far enough apart to constitute different places.

59 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I do have a home mooring but I am never on it. Well not since october 10th last year anyway :P

Does that make you a hobby boater then? and why have you got a yellow smillie and mine are just black on white?  :P(copied yours)

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

Does that make you a hobby boater then? and why have you got a yellow smillie and mine are just black on white?  :P(copied yours)

NO. Hobby boaters dont live on their boats now do they!! Anyway your smillie thingies are already in colour :D:P

6 minutes ago, Jerra said:

?  I have just tried and mine are mono whereas they are usually coloured.

But the one at the start of your sentence is yellow..

35 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

:)  ;) Because I can :apple:  Found them 4 pages down

Where did you get that bouncy thing from. :)

28 minutes ago, 70liveaboard said:

Its beginning to get very weird, isn't it.. :)

Yours was a little smaller on my screen but most def yellow..

I thin k I will start a thread in Technical & support and see if any of the knowledgeable ones know what is going on.