Can we have a new rule

rasputin

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Ahhh - so its not actually a 'limit' its more of a 'target' ?

Yes. The 60mph limit on some country roads can be quite a challenge I find, some pretty tight bends to get around...

• Greenie 1

I thought the target was 50 that explains the raging queues of silver aldis ,sorry audis trying to get past me to the next traffic light, when i go for a drive in The country.

I replaced my skoda vrs for i honda last week as part of my retirement . It has headroom for a hat. My new target speed is 40

• Greenie 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

trying to get past me to the next traffic light, when i go for a drive in The country.

Are there a lot of traffic lights on the country lanes around your way then?? :giggles:

27 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes. The 60mph limit on some country roads can be quite a challenge I find, some pretty tight bends to get around...

We are set back 3/4 mile from a 'main' small B road, our lane is 'adopted' but not well maintained - it is just wide enough to keep the car tyres on the tarmac but, at this time of year, the verges are very overgrown - I have never yet managed to achieve the 'National Speed Target' of 60mph.

I did take the huff the other night at half past midnight as I could hear the engine running on a boat and it was keeping me awake. I got up, located the boat, and went on the back deck stopping the engine and removing the keys.

The boat had 570w of solar on the roof.

14 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I did take the huff the other night at half past midnight as I could hear the engine running on a boat and it was keeping me awake. I got up, located the boat, and went on the back deck stopping the engine and removing the keys.

The boat had 570w of solar on the roof.

Was it your own boat??

34 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

One wonders if Matty knows this cuz he installed it :)

Indeed, the new owners came home from dinner at 11pm ish and found out to find that they had left the immersion so and their battery bank was screaming for assistance. Then they went to sleep.

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Ahhh now this is what you have totaly wrong. The ccing licence means you MUST spend 14 days in one place after moving 300 yards before moving on again 14 days later.

I'm doing it wrong then. I've moved three times in three weeks and for 15 miles and I work a full time job and I'm a ccer and I'm a "London boater".

Apparently letting the side down.

1 minute ago, welly said:

I'm doing it wrong then. I've moved three times in three weeks and for 15 miles and I work a full time job and I'm a ccer and I'm a "London boater".

Before we pass sentence we need to ask one more question. Do you have one and a half push bikes and two old pallets on your roof and at least one tarpaulin?

3 minutes ago, welly said:

Well if you were to join the NBTA (National Association of Baton Twirlers) it would be compulsory to spend 14 days in one place after moving 300 yards before moving on again 14 days later. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

Well if you were to join the NBTA (National Association of Baton Twirlers) it would be compulsory to spend 14 days in one place after moving 300 yards before moving on back again 14 days later. 

Corrected that for you, haha!

26 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Before we pass sentence we need to ask one more question. Do you have one and a half push bikes and two old pallets on your roof and at least one tarpaulin?

I'm definitely doing this wrong. A few bits of wood but I'm refitting the bathroom. I'll be thrown out of the club if this gets out.

IMG_20180617_132628.jpg.acb808137cb04f02a273b694f903a928.jpg

21 minutes ago, welly said:

I'm definitely doing this wrong. A few bits of wood but I'm refitting the bathroom. I'll be thrown out of the club if this gets out.

IMG_20180617_132628.jpg.acb808137cb04f02a273b694f903a928.jpg

Good God man!!! Pull yourself together!! That is far too tidy a roof/boat to liveaboard ;)

15 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Even the boat next to you is letting the side done to a degree. Where are all the old/full Porta Potti cassettes we are all supposed to have on the roof? 

C'mon, give them a break, maybe they have only just bought the boat, they already have one blue tarpaulin and some plastic taped over a window. Give it another month …………...

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Corrected that for you, haha!

Many thanks, its fathers day & I'm in a generous mood.

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

And what is wrong with me having an old pushbike and some broken pallets on the roof??? Having said that I've totally let the side down since I've just got a mooring?

• Horror 1

On 16/06/2018 at 22:31, rasputin said:

No running engines to charge batteries unless you have at least 200w of solar 

Hells yes!! I'm always staggered by liveaboards that run dirty noisey old diesel engines into what would have been a peaceful summers evening!

3 hours ago, sirweste said:

Hells yes!! I'm always staggered by liveaboards that run dirty noisey old diesel engines into what would have been a peaceful summers evening!

Which, of course, is why some of us choose to moor as far away as we can from the noisy end of other boats, rather than squeeze up to make best use of the available space.

On 17/06/2018 at 08:48, mrsmelly said:

Ahhh now this is what you have totaly wrong. The ccing licence means you MUST spend 14 days in one place after moving 300 yards before moving on again 14 days later.

Now if I remember correctly its not a CC licence but one for a boat with no home mooring, where is your home mooring Tim? ? (why are my smileis all mono colour)