Insurance without survey

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Are you 100% on that point, removal of wrecks not the same as third party damage. 

Yes. All the TPI policies I have ever had have included wreck removal cover. Making people buy this cover is the whole point of the legislation requiring third party insurance, so BWB did not have to always foot the bill for sinkings surely.

'Third part insurance' in this case is actually a misnomer, but it is what the insurance industry calls it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2018 at 12:19, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes. All the TPI policies I have ever had have included wreck removal cover. Making people buy this cover is the whole point of the legislation requiring third party insurance, so BWB did not have to always foot the bill for sinkings surely.

'Third part insurance' in this case is actually a misnomer, but it is what the insurance industry calls it.

When I asked about this after raising a friends boat they ( Basic Boat ) said they only cover re-floating, what happens to the boat after that is at the owner's expense.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/07/2018 at 16:31, Hawksey said:

These guys do fully comp and no need for a survey. I've used them for the past 14 years on my 44 year old sailboat for that reason.

https://edwardwilliam.com/

Yes but do they understand inland boating? Loads of questions about preping for storms etc but none about safeguarding in flood conditions. I await their quote with interest.

Quote received and indeed it seems no requirement for a valuation survey except to establish an agreed price if that is what you want. Around £150 for a £25000 boat os fairly competitive. However the stuff printed on their quote "paper" seems to show its basically a foreign set-up (Spain & Montenegro) with a UK office. I will not be going with them just in case a claim went bad, I'd much rather chase a UK company.

Edited by Tony Brooks