Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

We had a couple of days in lower heyford last month and the EE signal was fine for fast streaming. Parked 50 yards south of water point. We do have a good external antenna 4ft above the roof which helps.

I,ve had O2 for four years aboard already at £23/month for 40GB. The modem is stuck to the front door  side window with a blob of Blutack and on charge permanently. It works fine. I can use my tablet anywhere in my 62 footer just.  I can peel the modem off the window and stick it in my pocket when i go out if need be, and theres a seperate charger in the car.  The only place it doesnt work is friggin Braunston area, the black hole of the wifi network, same with the cellphone. And to think man went to the moon in 1969 on a cellphone worth of technology.  Come on Braunston wake up !

13 minutes ago, Irob said:

I,ve had O2 for four years aboard already at £23/month for 40GB. The modem is stuck to the front door  side window with a blob of Blutack and on charge permanently. It works fine. I can use my tablet anywhere in my 62 footer just.  I can peel the modem off the window and stick it in my pocket when i go out if need be, and theres a seperate charger in the car.  The only place it doesnt work is friggin Braunston area, the black hole of the wifi network, same with the cellphone. And to think man went to the moon in 1969 on a cellphone worth of technology.  Come on Braunston wake up !

EE is pretty reliable there. Not had a problem with good reception anywhere in Braunston.

4 hours ago, Irob said:

Walk up to the church. A few years ago O2 installed a mast inside the spire and used dummy drainpipes to hide the cables.

Because the canal is at the bottom of the valley it's impossible to get a signal there unless you stand on the roof of your boat.

Cells in cities are plentiful, covering small geographic areas, but for a reason. It could simply be the sheer volume of others users on the same cell as you all competing for a finite amount of bandwidth. If your'e near flats, a lot of folk don't bother with broadband in rented accommodation and rely on mobile service. You may find it's better on weekdays during the day when at least some will be out at work. What you absolutely shouldn't do is see if you can see someone's unprotected WiFi and use that.    

2 hours ago, cuthound said:

Walk up to the church. A few years ago O2 installed a mast inside the spire and used dummy drainpipes to hide the cables.

Because the canal is at the bottom of the valley it's impossible to get a signal there unless you stand on the roof of your boat.

Do you know, I had the very same idea, why dont they install the transmitter in Braunston church spire ?  Great idea but its not working too well it seems, well not for my O2 anyway  Both to the west at Bridge 100 its pretty vague and too the north nearer Willoughby, no signal at all, within line of sight of the church. I,m back home in Barby just 3 miles further and alls well. North south east west, home mooring is best.