Is this a Bargain..

70liveaboard

Featured Posts

Seems incredibly cheap given where boat prices have gone of late.

Either an error, or they know something is seriously wrong with it, I would have thought.

EDIT

Same price on their web-site.

http://www.abcboatsales.com/boat-sales/spotted-crake-alvechurch-marina/

It says it has no BSS.

Edited by alan_fincher

Perhaps I'm not keeping up with price increases but is looks like a pretty well worn and tired boat with a basic fit out.  Maybe a little on the cheap side but what are others saying it could be worth?  £30k? £35k?

I'm always having a half a look out for a longer boat but this one wouldn't interest me at all, even at that price.

47 minutes ago, Dave_P said:

Perhaps I'm not keeping up with price increases but is looks like a pretty well worn and tired boat with a basic fit out.  Maybe a little on the cheap side but what are others saying it could be worth?  £30k? £35k?

I'm always having a half a look out for a longer boat but this one wouldn't interest me at all, even at that price.

Whilton have a 1981 65 footer called Kristie on their books at 35k so elleven years older and an even more basic fit out. I paid 6k for it in 2001 and sold it a few years later after doing work to it. The boat is now very quickly under offer at the 35k asking price, who knows? This boat is deffo very cheap in todays ridiculous market but hardly suprising, look at the ridiculous prices people pay for a few bricks and cement!!

I wonder if that is an ex hire boat? Nothing wrong with that but maybe a close look would show a bit of an amateur refit ? If I was after a boat like that I'd be getting the car out right now.

Just now, Bee said:

I wonder if that is an ex hire boat? Nothing wrong with that but maybe a close look would show a bit of an amateur refit ? If I was after a boat like that I'd be getting the car out right now.

It is x hire.

It was the number '2' that threw me, that and 65ft. ;)

Will watch with interest. I would have thought put another ten on that, with ease.

Not a fan of the engine though or the fact its semi trad. But its a low price, today anyway.

Fitted in 2017 by its current owner, fitted to look old perhaps.. ;)

Yes it is clearly an ex Alvechurch hire boat, (even the name is unchanged from hire boat days), but at 65 feet and with only 3 berths has clearly been very much modified.

It looks to me that the cabin linings are largely original, (even in the kitchen where now painted white), and even things like the fluorescent lights that i recognise from hire boats of that era.

If you look at the "virtual tour" in this link.....

http://www.abcboatsales.com/boat-sales/spotted-crake-alvechurch-marina/

.... it is possible in some rooms to look up at the ceiling and see where things have been taken out.  The bedroom even shows an area where some kind of wash basin has been removed, and there seems to be a drain pipe still passing out to the hull side.

So there is a degree oof "unfinished project" at least, but it still sounds too little for the boat on that basis alone.  I think there is more wrong with it than what can easily be picked up from the photos.  Hull shot possibly, needing an overplate?

• Happy 1

One other thing......

Details say it has....

Freezer, microwave,dishwasher and washing machine 240v

.... but it only has a 300W inverter and 2 domestic batteries.

I would say this is a boat where much of what's on board can only be used if it is permanently connected to a 230V land-line!

Had a laugh yesterday walked off the boat and wandered round Whilton marinas collection of gems.

a note to sellers remove the rotting firewood from the roof and um how about washing up and the cleaning out the saucepan before selling the boat. The Hudson $65000 is very um 'special' I think the butler caught something and died.

• Happy 1

I suspect at that Money its worth a look to anyone interested especially the London Crowd . Buying an ex hire Boat is a subject in itself though I have several friends who have bought ex Black Prince and been absolutely delighted with them ,  I suppose that Alvechurch Boats are disposed of much later in their life cycle

6 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Had a laugh yesterday walked off the boat and wandered round Whilton marinas collection of gems.

a note to sellers remove the rotting firewood from the roof and um how about washing up and the cleaning out the saucepan before selling the boat. The Hudson $65000 is very um 'special' I think the butler caught something and died.

I wonder if their offerings will improve any when they open their New Marina at Campbell Park

Edited by Parahandy