Braunston Historic Boat Rally 2018

Featured Posts

For the record, and consideration for next year.

Midland Chandlers open their car park for free, all they ask is be sensible, if you double park or block someone in then sort it out yourselves.

This year they had a camper van and a caravan for the two days, it's no skin off their nose, happy to help.

They said it was quieter this year.

The Charities Commission warn of the illegality of stating you are donating money to charity from the earnings of an event without stating how much or % and whether it's after expenses and what they are.  Likewise you must state the name of the charities involved, it is not acceptable to vaguely indicate numerous or local charities, all should be transparent and auditable.

I mention that in order to protect the organisers and not to doubt their integrity.

Edited by zenataomm
Dog needed to go out

On 28/06/2018 at 14:27, pete harrison said:

And another 'historic' courtesy of YouTube, PACIFIC - making 85 :captain:

26 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

A few pictures for those on Facebook

And I need to add another 'historic' that can be seen in Tim's photographs, BOOTES - so that now makes 86 :captain:

3 hours ago, zenataomm said:

For the record, and consideration for next year.

Midland Chandlers open their car park for free, all they ask is be sensible, if you double park or block someone in then sort it out yourselves.

This year they had a camper van and a caravan for the two days, it's no skin off their nose, happy to help.

They said it was quieter this year.

The Charities Commission warn of the illegality of stating you are donating money to charity from the earnings of an event without stating how much or % and whether it's after expenses and what they are.  Likewise you must state the name of the charities involved, it is not acceptable to vaguely indicate numerous or local charities, all should be transparent and auditable.

I mention that in order to protect the organisers and not to doubt their integrity.

It is my understanding that all the money raised from car parking charges (after the farmer has been payed for renting his field) is donated to charity, and all the costs of the show are met by the Sponsors who are Braunston Marina and "Towpath Talk"

Given Tim's finacial services background, I am sure he does not need any advice regarding his legal obligations.

Edited by David Schweizer

5 hours ago, pete harrison said:

And I need to add another 'historic' that can be seen in Tim's photographs, BOOTES - so that now makes 86 :captain:

Hydrus (I think) was up by the turn minus its cabin.

Aplologies, I see you’ve already counted ‘Raven’

Edited by IanM

8 hours ago, IanM said:

Was good to see 'Daphne' there still looking as good as when I took its picture in 1997 :)

42388112574_0fd92ce387_c.jpg

Braunston Historic Boat Festival 2018 by Ian, on Flickr

15795363650_3f44648d4b_c.jpg

Daphne by Ian, on Flickr

Between those two photographs there has been a couple of changes of owner, as well as quite a bit of time on the dock :captain:

I've finally got around to uploading an album of pictures taken at the Braunston show to Flickr.

These are mostly "the parades, as seen if you are parading", and cover a Saturday parade, (where we went round with "Sickle"), and the Sunday one, (where we went around on "Flamingo").

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmerfVe3

There is also a blog post here, that features some of the pictures taken by other people of our boats when out on parade.

Edited by alan_fincher

3 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I've finally got around to uploading an album of pictures taken at the Braunston show to Flickr.

These are mostly "the parades, as seen if you are parading", and cover a Saturday parade, (where we went round with "Sickle"), and the Sunday one, (where we went around on "Flamingo").

P1010912

Can’t see an album ☹️

5 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Link working for me.

Yep, somehow I managed to post a link to just a single picture, rather than to the album.  The forum software didn't seem to want me to be able to correct it!

Edited by alan_fincher