Braunston Historic Boat Rally 2018

Featured Posts

With the rally only two weeks away, no one has yet posted a list of boats which they know will be attending. Alan fincher usually does the honours, but nothing has appeared so far. does anyone have a list which they are willing to post?

4 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

With the rally only two weeks away, no one has yet posted a list of boats which they know will be attending. Alan fincher usually does the honours, but nothing has appeared so far. does anyone have a list which they are willing to post?

Well, we hope to be there with Hampton. We'll be travelling up with Cyprus - so that's two.

I see the car parking tickets are limited to one per boat this year.?

1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

With the rally only two weeks away, no one has yet posted a list of boats which they know will be attending. Alan fincher usually does the honours, but nothing has appeared so far. does anyone have a list which they are willing to post

I'm not exactly sure how I would do tat David, as I have little more idea what boats may be there than anybody else!

I have never known the organisers post a list of those booked in, so it is very much a case of turn up and see who is there.

We hope to have both ours there, and I noted Chertsey has moved up there, so for starters it seems we have

Badger

Chertsey

Cyprus

Flamingo

Hampton

Sickle

However the organisers are claiming over 80 "historics", so the list is still missing at least 74!

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Gerald went past on Tuesday, Towcester and butty went by yesterday. Dolphin might even be there!

Have you got Dolphin Matty? I was looking at her but funds weren't available 

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

Gerald went past on Tuesday, Towcester and butty went by yesterday. Dolphin might even be there!

I think Jules and Richard were on their way back to Stoke Bruerne, but it would be unusual for them not to be at Braunston, I agree.

19 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I think Jules and Richard were on their way back to Stoke Bruerne, but it would be unusual for them not to be at Braunston, I agree.

They were taking the long way round then....?

10 hours ago, Liam said:

Wasn't Bideford being towed by Bletchley? 

That's what Facebook sems to say, so if Towcester was also towing I'm not sure which butty that would have had.

It does appear, as stated, they are off to load, rather than heading direrctly for the show.

21 hours ago, matty40s said:

I think the list of boats will be longer than the list of cars in the car park at £20 a shot.

“HOW much?”  That’s Disney pricing in Orlando (literally) and they are known as gougers.

Just now, roland elsdon said:

It goes to charity.

other means of transport are available

And other places to park, if you don't want to make a charitable donation and you don't mind walking a bit.............

52 minutes ago, furnessvale said:

And entry to the "show" itself is free.

George

In which case I shall attend and if not able I will gladly donate £20 to whichever charity they support as a means of redress ?

4 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

It goes to charity.

other means of transport are available

Charity is normally a gift freely given, not extracted in the form of a charge.