Stowe Hill in the evening

matty40s

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

That boat HARRY is such a pretty boat! 

I remember it burned out at Burghfield. Fantastic job the owners have done of restoring it. 

They did such a fantastic boat that the survey last week showed a baseplate of 15mm instead of the 10mm that the seller's thought they had.

We regularly walk the dogs up there.

Matty has got me worried now that I might fail to spot one of them "doing his business", and I may get captured on camera failing to "pick up" after them!

25 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

We regularly walk the dogs up there.

You’ll make Athy depressed. 

You regularly take take the dogs for a walk up there...

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

You’ll make Athy depressed. 

You regularly take take the dogs for a walk up there...

This must be about some point of grammar from Athy that I have managed to miss, presumably?

9 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

This must be about some point of grammar from Athy that I have managed to miss, presumably?

He was musing recently on when we stopped taking the dog for a walk and started walking the dog 

7 minutes ago, WotEver said:

He was musing recently on when we stopped taking the dog for a walk and started walking the dog 

I hope he doesn't Google the latter way of saying it - he might be quite shocked!

Not depressed, just noting a change in usage.

I don't need top Google (another new verb in the language!) it: to me, Walking The Dog was a very entertaining Memphis soul record by Rufus Thomas, covered quite well over here by The Rolling Stones. If you know a more sinister or unpalatable meaning, you need not explain it here!