Imagine this has been posted before lol

bigcol

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

As an aside, why is it that reliant cars alone get the bizarre name reversal? People refer to the robin reliant yet never a focus ford or golf VW.

I have noticed that too - I think that it's because people think that Robin was the manufacturer and Reliant was the model.

There's always the exception which proves the rule: E-type Jaguar.

Edited by Athy

3 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Question is, does it improve the looks of a Liverpool boat?

Not really, as it doesn't raise the side windows. The Liverpools were quite handsome,especially at the bow, but I always thought that their side windows were set a little too low.

I think it's great. Who cares if it's a Robin instead of a Regal, they're pretty old & probably not many about & most people are not anorak enough to tell the difference. I've also seen a car on the road as an exact (enough) replica including the dirt. I've also seen a car converted to a boat driving along the canal, again replica with all the dirt as well.

My boat is called Alcatraz, named by a previous owner.

In a fortnight somebody on average will call out "Are you the Birdman or are you escaping" which is tolerable, and I always answer them back with "True, it was difficult to get a sex change when I was a little girl".  I leave a lot of puzzled looks behind me.

However can you imagine the regularity with which the "I've come up with an original comment you've never heard before" brigade are going to regale (Regal?) the owners?

Luckily one misaligned bridge could cure it forever.

26 minutes ago, bizzard said:

I've repaired the real original Del Boy Reliant van. A motor trader customer of mine bought it at auction, still had the DEL BOY registration plates on it. 

That wont be seen runnin again then. Lol

bizzard  it didn’t need filled with eels

lol lol ? 

4 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

My only question is how does it steer, as it looks like the tiller is poking through a very small hole in the tailgate of the Reliant?

It appears that the hole in the tailgate is lined up perfectly with the pivot point. 

24 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

My only question is how does it steer, as it looks like the tiller is poking through a very small hole in the tailgate of the Reliant?

I'd suggest they lift the tailgate ……… while they get the suitcase from the van.

Using a cut up car is certainly not traditional, but probably quite practical. It should last much longer than a pram cover, and be great when steering in the rain, you even get windscreen wipers! I wonder whether the indicators work? Your average novice boater would be much more likely to understand those than one or two short blasts on the horn.

I've seen a boat on the lower GU with a white car on the back, quite neatly joined onto the boat, and I suppose there may be a few others about. There are probably good deals to be had from the breakers, when you consider that a lot of car crashes will crumple up the front and chassis but leave the roof and back little damaged?

7 minutes ago, Peter X said:

Using a cut up car is certainly not traditional, but probably quite practical. 

I've seen a boat on the lower GU with a white car on the back, quite neatly joined onto the boat,

I've seen a boat with a Landrover wheelhouse somewhere too.