Liangollen

dreadnought

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, dreadnought said:

hi all,we are thinking of cruising to Llangollen this summer but not sure how long it will take,we set off from shardlow marina,near derwent mouth,has any one done this cruise from here?many thanks

According to Canalplan it will take around 20 days, there and back,  plus whatever time you stop en route, and 192 locks.

Howard

The length of the Llangollen and back is a week really, and I would think it would be 6 days to get there, so the 20 days from canalplan sounds right.  Don’t forget you need to go via the Shroppie not the T&M!

For reasons out of my control I have been floating around Llangollen and Chirk area for the last couple of weeks. It’s stunning and wonderful. We will return under happier clouds I hope. I’d strongly advise anyone thinking of coming this way to do it! 

If you do this in the school hols the presets on Canalplan don't apply, it will take a lot longer than you think.  It's ok if you like to cruise literally all day which a lot of hire boaters do of course.