Northwich Dry Dock

Featured Posts

Just had a week in Northwhich Dry Dock. I can highly recommend it, especially as there is enough clearance to be able to paint the bottom plate in reasonable comfort, not a pleasant job at the best of times. Matt and Rebekah the staff there, are first rate and will do their best for you. The dock is on the River Weaver just by Hunts Lock.

• 5 years later...
On 02/06/2018 at 17:50, raymondh said:

A big saving if you use the dry dock at Wigan and its under cover 

Northwich DD is currently £350/week for a narrowboat which I think its a great price.

Wigan DD doesn't have any power provision, and is in Wigan. Northwich is secure, has power, and a 15hp 3ph pressure washer.

Pros and cons to both of cause, but there is more to it than you suggest.

On 27/05/2018 at 15:11, lpp1612 said:

Just had a week in Northwich Dry Dock. I can highly recommend it, especially as there is enough clearance to be able to paint the bottom plate in reasonable comfort, not a pleasant job at the best of times. Matt and Rebekah the staff there, are first rate and will do their best for you. The dock is on the River Weaver just by Hunts Lock.

Due to go on dock shortly, our second time using Northwich, looking forward to it! Cant recommend enough. 

I also believe Middlewich drydock is available for hire again which is nice/

11 minutes ago, DHutch said:

Due to go on dock shortly, our second time using Northwich, looking forward to it! Cant recommend enough. 

I also believe Middlewich drydock is available for hire again which is nice/

Emily Anne was in Northwich dry dock at the same time as kelpie, the first time we went there. We had the high powered pressure wash followed by two pack and when we were in the dry dock again after three years, it was still in good condition. Had it done again and plan to go back in late next year as we are also having a repaint in the other dock. 

On 05/09/2023 at 12:16, DHutch said:

Wigan DD doesn't have any power provision, and is in Wigan.

There is 110V mains on site at Wigan, just look up and find the yellow connectors.

It's also the nearest dry dock to Wigan Central bar ;)

I believe it's £300 a week now, in on Friday morning out the following Friday.