Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Profzarkov

Pump out prices

Featured Posts

Yo

im sure I've seen a spreadsheet on here somewhere before but keen to know where the best (?) pump outs are and their price

im used to paying £10 in my home marina (Yelvertoft) and even in the Newark (one of the most expensive to moor in the U.K. Marina) it was £10.

i know a list may get out of date but few marina's publish costs.

i am at Zouch now and looking towards sawley/shardlow/Nottingham 

cheers

steve

Edited by Profzarkov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Profzarkov said:

Newark (most expensive to moor in the U.K. Marina

I find that surprising. To moor our boat at Newark is £2251, if we moved to Farndon (just a couple of miles up-river) it increases to £2388, if we go down river to Hull it becomes £2918, if we stay 'inland', then York marina is £2902

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's still a few bargains about but many places are now asking £20 and some marinas charge even more.  My main issue is not the price but the poor quality. A few years ago a boatyard pump out would be done very well by a bloke who knew what he was doing. Recently "attended pumpouts" are just a quick suck out a token rinse or no rinse at all. Many pump outs are machine and token based so very much DIY but the machines just don't run for long enough to do a good job. The CaRT pumpout machines are now often better value than many marinas. A while ago I would never have used a pump out from a fuel boat as their rinsing is obviously limited, but I would now say that Halsall, for example, does a better value pumpout than many marinas.

 

............Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I find that surprising. To moor our boat at Newark is £2251, if we moved to Farndon (just a couple of miles up-river) it increases to £2388, if we go down river to Hull it becomes £2918, if we stay 'inland', then York marina is £2902

Sorry, it was not meant to be a definitive comment but more of a i didn't expect that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the best pump outs was at Oxley marina, bottom of the Shroppie, where Orpheus Mable did the job all by himself , no timer here and a good rinse all for £12.50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fazeley Mill Marina is £16.50 for visitors, but as a resident we get it for £10.50. I always do it myself, you get a better job! It has a token / timer but at the moment it’s not in operation so you get as long as you need. Even with the token/timer, we never ran out of time and our tank is long and shallow, needs a lot of flushing/rinsing.

Edited by nicknorman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Fazeley Mill Marina is £16.50 for visitors, but as a resident we get it for £10.50. I always do it myself, you get a better job! It has a token / timer but at the moment it’s not in operation so you get as long as you need. Even with the token/timer, we never ran out of time and our tank is long and shallow, needs a lot of flushing/rinsing.

 

In that case I would sack that butler of yours................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Profzarkov said:

Yo

im sure I've seen a spreadsheet on here somewhere before but keen to know where the best (?) pump outs are and their price

im used to paying £10 in my home marina (Yelvertoft) and even in the Newark (one of the most expensive to moor in the U.K. Marina) it was £10.

i know a list may get out of date but few marina's publish costs.

i am at Zouch now and looking towards sawley/shardlow/Nottingham 

cheers

steve

Sawley Marina is £15 for a token - you do it yourself. I've always managed to do ours comfortably in the time allowed. There is a pause button so you can pause the suck whilst you rinse. You need to supply your own rinse hose - there is a standard bib tap. We have a short hose which is only used for rinsing the pump out tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Streethay charges £18 (£16 for moorers) but we consider that OK as our loo tank is big enough to last for over 6 weeks for two of us so we only need a couple of pump outs a year :-) . They do an efficient pump out including  a good rinse.

Before anyone comments about travelling around with six weeks s*** on board, it doesn't smell!!!

 

Haggis

Edited by haggis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year I have paid between £10.50 for the cheapest ( Thames ) and twenty quid. Its a bit irrelevant realy as if the tank needs emptying it needs emptying.

  • Greenie 2
  • Horror 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

£21 at Aqueduct Marina a couple of years ago. Never again!

Trouble is with the daft things there never is one when you need it they either have to be emptied early or left full and use a proper boat bog till the next working machine is reached. I was going to do one on the Thames day b4 yesterday and hey presto out of order sign stuck on it. Elsan point though was of course working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Timed it just right this time, but I know what you mean Mr. smelly and it cost £17 50 at Apperley Marina L&L

  • Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Trouble is with the daft things there never is one when you need it they either have to be emptied early or left full and use a proper boat bog till the next working machine is reached. I was going to do one on the Thames day b4 yesterday and hey presto out of order sign stuck on it. Elsan point though was of course working.

 

That's why I fitted an MSC gauge to mine. I worried that if the bulb blew on the "tank full" indicator I would be in trouble.

 

Turned out the bulb on the  "tank full" indicator lies, as it comes on at about 50% full. I have already saved the cost of the MSC gauge in less frequent pump outs.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My MCS gauge failed, and despite me taking it out & "blowing it thru" , ? it never worked again

Daft arrangement IMHO, as it relies on pressure and is bound to get fouled someday.

it did work perfectly for years. Installed the Gobious system (got a big discount at Crick show) and since this is external, should never fail. So far so good. With a 400 litre tank it will take us months to fill, but then we can choose where to get the pump out, hence the original question. Sawley sounds good. Have emailed them and Shardlow but no reply, yet. Ditto Castle Marina.

Thanks formall The replies.

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cuthound said:

That's why I fitted an MSC gauge to mine. I worried that if the bulb blew on the "tank full" indicator I would be in trouble.

Woke up one morning and went into the shower room, the floor was covered (well it looked like it - there was a lot) in maggots - little white things - horrible.

 

After shutting the door and having a 'think about it', opened the door again and looked a bit closer - it was Rice !!!.

 

We have a grey water tank which the Kitchen sink, bathroom basins and showers run into and I had forgotten to pump out a few days longer than normal and it had backed-up, coming out at the lowest point, the shower drain. There was no water so maybe it had sloshed out during a 'roll' and the rice had become 'beached' in the shower tray.

 

No indicator gauge fitted, but it was a reminder to get into a regular habit of pumping out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Woke up one morning and went into the shower room, the floor was covered (well it looked like it - there was a lot) in maggots - little white things - horrible.

 

After shutting the door and having a 'think about it', opened the door again and looked a bit closer - it was Rice !!!.

 

We have a grey water tank which the Kitchen sink, bathroom basins and showers run into and I had forgotten to pump out a few days longer than normal and it had backed-up, coming out at the lowest point, the shower drain. There was no water so maybe it had sloshed out during a 'roll' and the rice had become 'beached' in the shower tray.

 

No indicator gauge fitted, but it was a reminder to get into a regular habit of pumping out.

 

The MCS gauge is easy to fit, although you do have to provide them with the depth of the tank so they provide a correctly calibrated sensor.

 

Simply cut a hole in the top of the tank with a hole saw, fit the rubber grommet and push the sensor tube in as far as it will go.

 

Cut a hole for the gauge. Find a 12 volt supply and wire to the sensor and gauge.

 

Simples.

 

I was surprised at the lack of smell when i cut into the top of the waste tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When my MSC failed it was due to freezing in the winter, moaned and got a new sender for 25 quid, so they are friendly. It had survived the previous 5 winters with no problem.

Edited by Detling
Additional information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Detling said:

When my MSC failed it was due to freezing in the winter, moaned and got a new sender for 25 quid, so they are friendly. It had survived the previous 5 winters with no problem.

Very friendly as you say, I have had a water tank gauge for years, first the edge meter type and now the LED bar one, without the glasses on I had problems seeing the edge meter. We discussed power supplies as I thought about fitting one to the fuel tank and the feeling was if wiring was a problem them use a 9 volt dry cell

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free for bertholders at Reedley doing their own, 15 quid for visitors I think that’s self help too. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonathanA said:

Free for bertholders at Reedley doing their own, 15 quid for visitors I think that’s self help too. 

 

 

Might call in there for diesel tomorrow

 

2 hours ago, jonathanA said:

Free for bertholders at Reedley doing their own, 15 quid for visitors I think that’s self help too. 

 

 

Its not what their web site says http://www.reedleymarina.co.uk/visitors/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/05/2018 at 09:50, Profzarkov said:

Yo

im sure I've seen a spreadsheet on here somewhere before but keen to know where the best (?) pump outs are and their price

im used to paying £10 in my home marina (Yelvertoft) and even in the Newark (one of the most expensive to moor in the U.K. Marina) it was £10.

i know a list may get out of date but few marina's publish costs.

i am at Zouch now and looking towards sawley/shardlow/Nottingham 

cheers

steve

£15-£20 seems to be the going rate at most marinas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.