Pump out prices

Profzarkov

Featured Posts

49 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

London ?

Saves moving and losing your 'spot'.

I think it was Peterborough if I remember correctly where there is a free pumpout anyway 

Found it  30 miles of Peterborough  https://www.facebook.com/groups/nbmar/permalink/2193346070894303/

Edited by ditchcrawler
Add second line

What I have found is that the more expensive the waterway the cheaper and better the pump out. We are paying between 14 and 20 squids on CART run waterways with a CART pumpout card thingy costing £16.50.The Thames which obviously is not a cheap area and costs an extra licence were £10.50 and Bristol harbour where we paid £25 quid a day to be had awesome pump out machines at less than a tenner and way better than any other pump out machines.

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

...with a CART pumpout card thingy costing £16.50.

I have one of these in a drawer as a just in case.  I think I've gone to use it twice - both times the rather neglected looking appliances have been out of order!  How they have the neck to charge more than most others I really don't know.

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have one of these in a drawer as a just in case.  I think I've gone to use it twice - both times the rather neglected looking appliances have been out of order!  How they have the neck to charge more than most others I really don't know.

Snap. I have an ea one and a CART as you say for if the boatyards are closed. I have to say that when I went to use one on the Thames a couple of weeks or so ago at the lock before the one I intended using a blackboard pronounced it was out of order. This is one of my reasons for not liking pumpout bogs as in reality you can never empty them when needed. I was ok as mine wasnt full ( thats the point ) and I did it a couple of days later elsewhere had it been full I could of course have used the proper boat bog that I keep on board :D

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

This is one of my reasons for not liking pumpout bogs as in reality you can never empty them when needed. I was ok as mine wasnt full ( thats the point ) and I did it a couple of days later elsewhere had it been full I could of course have used the proper boat bog that I keep on board :D

Exactly. If you start to consider a pumpout from, say, 80% instead of waiting til it's full to bursting, there's a big enough window left that it's never really an issue. 

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Snap. I have an ea one and a CART as you say for if the boatyards are closed. I have to say that when I went to use one on the Thames a couple of weeks or so ago at the lock before the one I intended using a blackboard pronounced it was out of order. This is one of my reasons for not liking pumpout bogs as in reality you can never empty them when needed. I was ok as mine wasnt full ( thats the point ) and I did it a couple of days later elsewhere had it been full I could of course have used the proper boat bog that I keep on board :D

Bit like driving down the motorway and waiting until the "Low Fuel" light comes on before looking for a fuel station

17 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The difference being you know where the next fuel station is and know that it will be 'working'

Although the other difference is that you don't have a matter of several days to find another fuel station...  I'd suggest you have to be a bit disorganised and seriously pushing your luck on capacity if you can't find an functioning pumpout before it all goes badly wrong.  A gauge helps of course, but folk who can't manage that are also pretty likely to end up emptying their potty in a hedge.

19 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The difference being you know where the next fuel station is and know that it will be 'working'

Last Sunday at about 8 pm I diverted off the A1 at Grantham to fill up with cheap petrol at the Asda 24 hour petrol station. It was closed!