Pump out prices

Profzarkov

Featured Posts

Good to see you today, although briefly. Pumpout £20 at Greenham island. Diesel cheaper than the fuelboat which is not far behind you.

once you get to Devizes, we like Devizes, there's the fuel boat from the Boatyard at Hilperton.

2 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Good to see you today, although briefly. Pumpout £20 at Greenham island. Diesel cheaper than the fuelboat which is not far behind you.

once you get to Devizes, we like Devizes, there's the fuel boat from the Boatyard at Hilperton.

Fueled up by the fuel boat yesterday ? Good to have a quick natter, albeit brief, will get that beer one day ? parked up at long cut Thatcham now.

28 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

When was that, I was quoted £1-08 domestic this week

About three days ago. By email. I'm only repeating what the marina told me.

29 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Fueled up by the fuel boat yesterday ? Good to have a quick natter, albeit brief, will get that beer one day ? parked up at long cut Thatcham now.

I have liked to give Paul on Ozzie my business rather than land based companies.

On 27/05/2018 at 09:58, Alan de Enfield said:

I find that surprising. To moor our boat at Newark is £2251, if we moved to Farndon (just a couple of miles up-river) it increases to £2388, if we go down river to Hull it becomes £2918, if we stay 'inland', then York marina is £2902

For comparison how much is Kings Marina? (I thought you had a boat at Kings ?)I understand they have put their prices up and rumour has it the marina has been sold?

By the way others should note these prices are cheap as chips compared to the  Thames and the south coast.

Apologies for drifting into marina prices .

2 minutes ago, MartynG said:

For comparison how much is Kings Marina?

£1960

Not heard about it being sold - when my Son enquired with BWML's solicitors organising the sale they said that they were not selling them off piecemeal just as a 'job-lot'. but that some of the 'better marinas' (London for example) BWML would retain the freehold and lease them to the buyer of the remaining marinas. 

9 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

£1960

Not heard about it being sold - when my Son enquired with BWML's solicitors organising the sale they said that they were not selling them off piecemeal just as a 'job-lot'. but that some of the 'better marinas' (London for example) BWML would retain the freehold and lease them to the buyer of the remaining marinas. 

Kings has always been a little cheaper despite being the most recently constructed in the area .

A sale as a job lot would presumably be a great deal of money.

It would make sense if they sell the business but lease the property . 

I think the property at Hull may not belong to BWML but that's another rumour.

2 minutes ago, MartynG said:

A sale as a job lot would presumably be a great deal of money.

It is a little more than I expected, but without getting down to the nitty-gritty and doing all of the due diligence, the main question is, do I want to take over another business when I have recently sold one and are trying to 'wind down' and just enjoy life.

On 29/05/2018 at 20:04, ditchcrawler said:

When was that, I was quoted £1-08 domestic this week

Which seems a lot. Our marina, Burton Waters who tend to be on the pricey side are currently 75ppl for domestic use.

4 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Which seems a lot. Our marina, Burton Waters who tend to be on the pricey side are currently 75ppl for domestic use.

I thought it very pricey, even the chap doing my pump out said don't shoot the messenger so he thought the same

Road fuel has gone up in price recently so would expect to see increases in marina prices as they take fresh fuel deliveries. 

It's only a matter of time before marina diesel fuel will be white and at greater than road fuel prices.

18 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Road fuel has gone up in price recently so would expect to see increases in marina prices as they take fresh fuel deliveries. 

It's only a matter of time before marina diesel fuel will be white and at greater than road fuel prices.

Petrol at our marina was £1.45 last week so not all that far ahead of road prices!

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

Petrol at our marina was £1.45 last week so not all that far ahead of road prices!

I am not particularly interested in petrol prices (for the purposes of boating).

If diesel was available only at road fuel plus 15p prices would you be happy with that? The 75p you are paying for domestic rate red would become more like £1.45. Almost double.

Even at the 60/40 split £1 to £1.45 increase would be  a significant percentage. 

18 hours ago, MartynG said:

I am not particularly interested in petrol prices (for the purposes of boating).

If diesel was available only at road fuel plus 15p prices would you be happy with that? The 75p you are paying for domestic rate red would become more like £1.45. Almost double.

Even at the 60/40 split £1 to £1.45 increase would be  a significant percentage. 

We bought the petrol for the outboard on the dinghy. Yes we could have jumped in the car and driven to the petrol station to save a few pence but it really wasn't worth it. We had the boat at the fuel berth filling up with diesel so we may as well fill up the jerry can for the Honda.

If that was the only price that we could get diesel at then yes we would buy it. Incidentally the most we have paid for fuel when we had to have it was £1.36 a litre and that was several years ago now. If you need fuel you need fuel, the cost is irrelevant.

Fuel is a minor boat associated cost when compared to other annual bills.

• Greenie 1

52 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

We bought the petrol for the outboard on the dinghy. Yes we could have jumped in the car and driven to the petrol station to save a few pence but it really wasn't worth it. We had the boat at the fuel berth filling up with diesel so we may as well fill up the jerry can for the Honda.

If that was the only price that we could get diesel at then yes we would buy it. Incidentally the most we have paid for fuel when we had to have it was £1.36 a litre and that was several years ago now. If you need fuel you need fuel, the cost is irrelevant.

Fuel is a minor boat associated cost when compared to other annual bills.

You are of course quite correct. I can always remember in about 1980 the budget put something like 2 pence on a gallon of petrol . My next door neighbour drove his car and queued with others at the local petrol station to save something like 20 pence on a tank full not even realising that twenty pence was spread over the next twelve months till the next budget  ?

Lots of CART pump out machines ont K and A..............shame there is no where to buy a card to use one when its needed.

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

You are of course quite correct. I can always remember in about 1980 the budget put something like 2 pence on a gallon of petrol . My next door neighbour drove his car and queued with others at the local petrol station to save something like 20 pence on a tank full not even realising that twenty pence was spread over the next twelve months till the next budget  ?

Lots of CART pump out machines ont K and A..............shame there is no where to buy a card to use one when its needed.

I bought a couple of pump out cards at the cafe at the Crofton Pumping station a couple of years ago.

4 minutes ago, davem399 said:

I bought a couple of pump out cards at the cafe at the Crofton Pumping station a couple of years ago.

Yes I looked on Cart site andthey sell em at Post office in Gt Bedwyn were we moored up today. Dont need one but put it in stock with the ea one ?

On 01/06/2018 at 13:59, mrsmelly said:

The Boat Yard at Hilperton fuel is 74p domestic, £14 for a pump out, they also sell CaRT pump out cards £16.35 I think, they also run a fuel boat, but no pump out on boat. Victoria & Spencer, Nice people. 

During the summer months  they only go out with the fuel boat about once a month.  

Edited by F DRAYKE
Adding more info
  • Happy 1

On 31/05/2018 at 16:46, MartynG said:

My heating oil has gone down this week, less than 1p but down, not up

• 2 weeks later...