Hurricane vs Kabola

HOMETUNEDAVE

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

According to others on this forum who actually own Hurricanes, they are very appropriately named, because they are jolly loud!! 

So based on this, the kabola is better. 

In our case, nothing to do with the noise, but everything to do with poor reliability, which is why we had our Hurricane replaced with a Webasto. AIUI, the worry about the Kabola is the power demand, but that may have improved.

7 hours ago, HOMETUNEDAVE said:

Thinking of replacing my wabesto heater with either a Hurricane 11 or Kabola boiler any suggestions on which might be the better one.

Dave 

Believe Kabola’s are only 240v so that may be a factor for you.   Also look at the Bubble PJ.  Hurricane’s are picky on voltage drop so short cables directly to the batteries are best.

My Hurraine has done just over 10,000 hours and 12 years with no real problems. Had to replace fuel pump 2 months ago £50 easy fit.

Very easy to service

Edited by tommyhol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering the Hurricane.

What is it like for power usage? Do they take a lot out of the batteries? 

Also, how does it's power usage compare to the other diesel heating systems such as Webasto?

We are away from a landline electric supply for parts of the winter. Sometimes I'd prefer to use it rather than the stove but I'd be concerned about draining the batteries.

1 minute ago, Grassman said:

I'm considering the Hurricane.

What is it like for power usage? Do they take a lot out of the batteries? 

Also, how does it's power usage compare to the other diesel heating systems such as Webasto?

We are away from a landline electric supply for parts of the winter. Sometimes I'd prefer to use it rather than the stove but I'd be concerned about draining the batteries.

I swopped my Hurricane for a webasto, it was very very noisey however it did a good job for around 12000 hours mostly before my ownership but repair was going to be very costly so as it was a secondary heating source I replaced with webasto, webasto uses less power overall.