Boat transportation.

Paul HD

Featured Posts

Hi Alan,

I should of mentioned. Tony was recommended and I have spoke to him. He would be able to do it in 6 weeks time. I am hoping it can be done before if at all possible. I suppose this is a very busy time of the year.

Using a 'normal' narrowboat mover for a Nauticus 27 will be overkill.

For the weight of the Nauticus you could find any carrier with a 7.5 tonne hiab on a truck and then you wouldn't need to worry about any lift-out / lift-in fees. Have a look in your local yellow-pages.

http://www.gmronline.co.uk/9.html

Alternatively - check out trailer hire and if you don't have a suitable tow car offer a mate some petrol money and a 'night out'.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

21 hours ago, Paul HD said:

Hi All,

I need some recommendations for boat movers. The boat will be a Nauticus 27 GRP.  Preston to London.

Many Thanks,

Paul.

Hi Paul. I got a good price from Shiply couriers. You put in what you want moving, from/to. Then they bid for the job. You can check the reviews on each bid. But I got a quote for £120 . Thats collect,launch and return trailer to home address. It's only a short job. Bristol to bristol docks but all the boat movers I contacted were hundreds of pounds. Worthy of a look sir.

1 hour ago, the blind novice said:

Hi Paul. I got a good price from Shiply couriers. You put in what you want moving, from/to. Then they bid for the job. You can check the reviews on each bid. But I got a quote for £120 . Thats collect,launch and return trailer to home address. It's only a short job. Bristol to bristol docks but all the boat movers I contacted were hundreds of pounds. Worthy of a look sir.

Many thanks. I will look into that when the time comes.

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

I would wait for Tony. He is a top guy.

His price was very reasonable too. 

I did the trip yesterday to view the boat and if you add the loading and unloading it is a good long days work.

Unfortunately I am not getting that boat, so maybe the next one will be a lot nearer to home. If not I will get in touch with Tony again.

Regards,

Paul