Viraj Fixings

Featured Posts

I have a Tug Deck with some Fairleads mounted either side in order to tie up when I Moor , foolishly I fitted these using Brass Screws which have proved totally inadequate for the job and

two years later simply snapped . This was around six months ago and a fellow Boater very kindly gave me Two Countersunk Allen Key Stainless Bolts which after retapping the Thread we

duly fitted . Now of course the inevitable has happened and the Two Brass Screws on the opposite side have failed also , I am now in the position of attempting to source similar fixings in

order to make both sides match . These Stainless Bolts are made by a Company called Viraj which after some research I have found are a well regarded Indian Make stocked by Amazon ,

this shall be my first time using Amazon  and I was wondering if anyone has ever come across these Viraj Fixings from any other outlet , I am tempted to take a look around B&Q just on the

off chance . I have just inserted an Allen Key into the " good " Fairlead and the Viraj fixings I put in six months back are slackening and tightening quite freely so the quality seems ok

55 minutes ago, Parahandy said:

Thanks to both of you , incredibly Screwfix never even entered my head

I use this supplier a lot. Order by 2pm and they arrive next day free postage.   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M4-M5-M6-M8-M10-HEXAGON-SOCKET-COUNTERSUNK-SCREWS-BOLTS-DIN-7991-A2-STAINLESS/151133539284?hash=item233042cbd4:m:mx4FZcBy2NTw3rGqSB8wkgA

On 25/05/2018 at 19:41, Richard T said:

Any good industrial engineering or fastenings supplier should stock them. Like Charnwood Fasteners in Loughborough 

Wot he said

recently bought 60 M6 from my local supplier (Martin dale industrial fasteners) for £ 2.50 

One of those old fashioned places where they have stuff  behind the counter and will show you stuff and give advice 

Edited by jonathanA