Rickmansworth Festival Tug of War

mykaskin

Featured Posts

I'm surprised to see Lemmy so easily defeating Lupin - what does it use for power?

In the past we had no problem at all against Lemmy, but Lupin eventually defeated us.

Just shows how being in the right water, (and the degrees to which you cheat!) affect the actual outcome.

It seems a very different prospect now with such a long line.  A few years back a much shorter line was used, and you were close enough to the opposing boat that you could flush much of the water it was trying to use away from it.

21 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I'm surprised to see Lemmy so easily defeating Lupin - what does it use for power?

In the past we had no problem at all against Lemmy, but Lupin eventually defeated us.

Just shows how being in the right water, (and the degrees to which you cheat!) affect the actual outcome.

It seems a very different prospect now with such a long line.  A few years back a much shorter line was used, and you were close enough to the opposing boat that you could flush much of the water it was trying to use away from it.

I think it's Lenny (as in Little Lenny). The engine is something like a 2.2 litre 4 pot modern lump, generating in the region of 50-60 HP. The boat is all swim, and looks like two backends of a square sturned narrowboat back to back under water. I also think that Paul wasn't using the overload pawl...