Vetus vacuflush

Timx

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

… I know you'd like to think your shit don't stink 
But lean a little bit closer.......

Assuming this remark was made aimed at me please explain. I`ve yet to encounter the same odour as when emptying a cassette or being unfortunately moored close to a Elsan disposal point with the wind in the wrong direction. My "facility" is no different to that I "enjoy" at home.

5 minutes ago, jddevel said:

Assuming this remark was made aimed at me please explain. I`ve yet to encounter the same odour as when emptying a cassette or being unfortunately moored close to a Elsan disposal point with the wind in the wrong direction. My "facility" is no different to that I "enjoy" at home.

Nope. It was just a general comment as I ponder the greater meanings of life over my bowel of cornflakes. 

Edited by rusty69
Bowel not bowl
  • Unimpressed 1

12 hours ago, jddevel said:

Really, I've encountered many awfully smelly pump outs, both inside the boat and outside when it's being emptied. Worse than cassettes because the smell from a big tank being emptied just goes on and on... I'd say the masochists are those who choose to move their boats every time they need to empty, especially in winter when they're iced in and can't!   

I've had both and would always go for a cassette over a pump out.

Edited by blackrose

On 22 May 2018 at 22:29, Bricksh said:

OK here's my experience.

It will smell when you open the lid. What I do is wear a dust mask impregnated with obus oil or vicks vapour rub. 

The lid may well be stuck firmly on after two years. A large oil filter remover like a boa should release it.

After two years the filters will in all probability have disintegrated, so you will not be pulling out individual discs but broken up carbon dust (put it straight into a sealable bag (It will stinK)

Get all the old filter material out and the new disks will push in. They do need to be pushed firmly down to get them to fit,

Grease the lid seal with vasaline so next time the lid is easier to remove.

Finally, you can buy no smell filter cans now which are much easier to replace than the disks ( same thing really but in a plastic container and has silica gel in it to absorb moisture.)

Its not difficult but it is a smelly job without the face mask and something on it to mask the smell

Good luck ( I hate the job and always do it when my better half and dog are off the boat)

Thanks for your info, did this today as per your instructions, and everything you said was spot on, don't know if it smelt though as apparently I applied her most expensive perfume to the dust mask. All sorted now hopefully, and I enjoyed learning something new.

Only thing I did different is I applied engine oil to the o ring instead of Vaseline , should do same job for undoing next year. It was as you said a git to get off and needed a wrench.