Thames tideway this weekend: crew needed

Scholar Gypsy

Featured Posts

St Pancras Cruising Club are organising a challenging trip on the tidal Thames next weekend – down to Gravesend and then back up to Dartford.

One of our skippers (40 foot narrowboat) is having difficulty arranging crew for the trip. If anyone would like to come, then please send me a personal message as soon as possible, setting out your relevant experience.

Key points to note:

• We are looking for people with lots of boating experience, including on tidal waters, to perform the role of competent crew. I am afraid we are NOT looking for passengers. This link (from our 2016 trip to the Medway) gives more details on what we mean:  https://nbsg.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/medway-2016-competent-crew-v1.pdf

• The trip comprises three parts, and ideally crew would be able to do all three. Please say if this is not possible:

o   Safety briefing at the Cruising Association, Limehouse Basin, at 1900 on Friday 25th May

o   Limehouse to Gravesend on Saturday, departing 0830 from Limehouse, or  1000 (Bow Locks) and arriving (via Deptford) at Gravesend at about 1630

o   Gravesend to Dartford on Sunday, departing about 0830 and arriving about 1130.

• Overnight accommodation can be provided on board on Friday and Saturday. Ditto bacon butties or equivalent.

Thank you for your help. I will post back here once we've found someone. Random photo included from last weekend's trip, to whet your appetite.

dsc_2826.jpg?w=584&h=389

Edited by Scholar Gypsy