boat chairs

STIG

Featured Posts

On 22/05/2018 at 15:58, nicknorman said:

IKEA Poang range, cheap and comfortable.

Rather big for a narrow boat I would think.  I gree that they are really comfortable, though.

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

OP didn't specify narrowboat  :)

True, but just in case, I though that I would point it out.  Not for the OP because he already has made his choice, but for anyone else reading the topic.

N

18 minutes ago, Theo said:

Rather big for a narrow boat I would think.  I gree that they are really comfortable, though.

We have a narrowboat. We have Poang chairs. So not really an issue space-wise. I’m sure there are smaller chairs, but not with the same combination of comfort and value for money.

On 22/05/2018 at 15:53, rusty69 said:

Ekorness Stressless are sposed to be good (and expensive),as are Himola.Depends on your budget spose.

Ive tried just about everything over the years and stayed away from Ekorness stressless due to the price. However we now have a pair and they are simply unbeatable for comfort and quality and yes ive tried ikea stuff ?  Get Ekorness it realy is in this case of getting what you pay for. 

We bought a pair of the reclyners from the guy in Tamworth to replace the poangs - couldnt see any stressless ones cheap enough. I think we paid £800 each. So, so much more comfortable than the Poangs (which werent bad) that we had had for a year.

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

I think we paid £800 each

There’s the difference. You could buy 13 Poang chairs for what you paid for one recliner and still have enough left for some wine to enjoy whilst sitting in them ;)

2 hours ago, WotEver said:

There’s the difference. You could buy 13 Poang chairs for what you paid for one recliner and still have enough left for some wine to enjoy whilst sitting in them ;)

Nah, that wouldnt have worked. We would have had 2 in the living area and 11 on the roof. The 11 would have fallen off at the first bridge down the south oxford.

17 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Nope:)

It was!

3 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Yes, I suppose it could have been a chair for the titanic.?

Bet they didnt have Poangs on the Titanic.

They did. I saw them in the Swedish Titanic exhibition. 

Or was that another dream...