Something wonderful from CaRT

Midnight

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

It took me a minute or

or two to get it!

When do I start?

(I'm a poet and didn't know it.) 

Well, there are these lock beams at Hillmorton into which some vandal has carved dreadful doggerel. We need this replacing by new verses extolling the virtues of wellbeing.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Well, there are these lock beams at Hillmorton into which some vandal has carved dreadful doggerel. We need this replacing by new verses extolling the virtues of wellbeing.

Aha you missed my deliberate mistake!! Or at

at least failed to comment on it.

18 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Aha you missed my deliberate mistake!! Or at

at least failed to comment on it.

The latter. Or or perhaps the former.

"Refrained from commenting" would be preferable to "failed to comment"!

Edited by Athy

21 hours ago, john6767 said:

Sorry I can’t resist this.  

CRT have updated the logo, in various colours, all over social media.  But just came accross a retweet of a tweet from @CRTComms the CRT Press team,  perhaps they did not get the memo ?

2C55C876-BDC4-4456-A38B-63382471A399.png

Yes, I see they've colour coded their logo - just to add to the Dyslexic topic - I'm colour blind, one in 200 women are, think about one in 12 men are, and these colours blue, light blue, turquoise, green can be very confusing to colour blind people. But I don't think I'll be losing any sleep over this. 

crt colours.jpg

Edited by Jennifer McM

7 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Yes, I see they've colour coded their logo - just to add to the Dyslexic topic - I'm colour blind, one in 200 women are, think about one in 100 men are, and these colours blue, light blue, turquoise, green are also very confusing. But I don't think I'll be losing any sleep over this. 

crt colours.jpg

Hero Blue !!!!!!!  can find no mention of this in my colour charts,  this stinks of something invented by a branding consultant. I wonder if they also have Champion blue, CEO blue, and senior vice president blue ????? These could all be part of the "New speak blue palette" ?????   I wonder what shade of blue they will use for overdue licence and section 8 warning letters, maybe reddy blue????

............Dave

14 minutes ago, dmr said:

Hero Blue !!!!!!!  can find no mention of this in my colour charts,  this stinks of something invented by a branding consultant. I wonder if they also have Champion blue, CEO blue, and senior vice president blue ????? These could all be part of the "New speak blue palette" ?????   I wonder what shade of blue they will use for overdue licence and section 8 warning letters, maybe reddy blue????

............Dave

? Obviously, their marketing team have been doing some 'blue sky thinking'! 

40 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Yes, I see they've colour coded their logo - just to add to the Dyslexic topic - I'm colour blind, one in 200 women are, think about one in 12 men are, and these colours blue, light blue, turquoise, green can be very confusing to colour blind people. But I don't think I'll be losing any sleep over this. 

crt colours.jpg

No you are missing the point, they still had the old swan logo at that point yesterday, not great for the comms dept!  They changed it to the new one today.  

Yes there seen to be 4 colour styles for the logo, although I am surprised that black is not acceptable but it seems not.

Edited by john6767

29 minutes ago, dmr said:

............Dave

Feeling blue...

3 minutes ago, john6767 said:

No you are missing the point, they still had the old swan logo at that point yesterday, not great for the comms dept!  They changed it to the new one today.  

Yes there seen to be 4 colour styles for the logo, although I am surprised that black is not acceptable but it seems not.

Yes, I got you point. It's nothing less than incompetence the Comms dept got the new logo wrong

1 hour ago, dmr said:

............Dave

Yes, Licence Evader red, Annual Accounts red, Future Prediction black....the possibilities are extensive.

Jennifer, I have learned something today: I had always thought that colour-blindness was an exclusively male affliction.

27 minutes ago, Athy said:

Jennifer, I have learned something today: I had always thought that colour-blindness was an exclusively male affliction.

muy complicado ?

It's the woman/mother who carries the colour blindness gene, though in the main she (the woman/mother) isn't colour blind, despite her carrying the gene. But her sons will be colour blind, but not her daughters, yet the daughters will carry the gene and the daughter's sons will be colour blind, but not any daughters yet they'll carry the gene, and so it goes on....

But when two of these genes come together, as in my case, my mother carried the gene, and my father was colour blind (from his mother's gene), I got to be colour blind. If I'd had sons they would have been colour blind too. Though my daughter isn't colour blind, but if she had a son he would be colour blind. My two granddaughters I suspect will carry the gene (they're not colour blind), and if they have ever have sons, the sons will be colour blind. Colour blind men don't pass this gene on, it's only through the mother normally.

I suspect this is as clear as the water in the Grand Union!.... ?

Edited by Jennifer McM

6 hours ago, john6767 said:

Too tempting to add the Mickey Mouse ears, perhaps?

16 hours ago, dmr said:

............Dave

Elsan blue - used for breaking down the s**t...................

• Greenie 2

15 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

muy complicado ?

It's the woman/mother who carries the colour blindness gene, though in the main she (the woman/mother) isn't colour blind, despite her carrying the gene. But her sons will be colour blind, but not her daughters, yet the daughters will carry the gene and the daughter's sons will be colour blind, but not any daughters yet they'll carry the gene, and so it goes on....

But when two of these genes come together, as in my case, my mother carried the gene, and my father was colour blind (from his mother's gene), I got to be colour blind. If I'd had sons they would have been colour blind too. Though my daughter isn't colour blind, but if she had a son he would be colour blind. My two granddaughters I suspect will carry the gene (they're not colour blind), and if they have ever have sons, the sons will be colour blind. Colour blind men don't pass this gene on, it's only through the mother normally.

It looks very clearly argued - but it's still early, so pray excuse me....

15 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

muy complicado ?

My jeans don't fit me any more. Will that make my colour blindness better or worse?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canalboat said:

Well being as how I don't feel any happier and healthier today, is the new branding not working?

You might be able to sue....

On the other hand,  you may have misunderstood.  The key objective for CRT is not to maintain and protect the nation's waterways especially for navigation, no, they have a bigger objective - to make life better by water.  

I think we now know why they needed the rebrand - when asked most people, thought CRT were that lot that maintained canals.  A perception that was described by the marketing company as 'inaccurate'.  Only about 36% came up with the 'right' answer.  So the rebrand is to make sure that we know that CRT's chief function is to 'make life better by water' .  So if you are ever stopped and asked - make sure that you have learned this - and then perhaps in a couple of years CRT will have secured the minuscule amount of funding the government is willing to give them, which will probably now have to come out of the NHS budget, then we can all go back to suggesting that one way CRT could make life better by water would be to maintain and protect the heritage that is the canal system, and to ensure that the system's primary function  and use is  the purpose for which it was created - travelling by boat from one place to another.  (oh Lord - I think the thought police have just come knocking.) 

So if you feel your life has been made better by being on or near water - remember you have the Blessed Richard Parry to thank as it is all his doing - and all it took was an expensive rebrand to make us realise this.  

Edited by Tanglewood
To add a final thought

26 minutes ago, Tanglewood said:

On the other hand,  you may have misunderstood.  The key objective for CRT is not to maintain and protect the nation's waterways especially for navigation, no, they have a bigger objective - to make life better by water.  

I think we now know why they needed the rebrand - when asked most people, thought CRT were that lot that maintained canals.  A perception that was described by the marketing company as 'inaccurate'.  Only about 36% came up with the 'right' answer.  So the rebrand is to make sure that we know that CRT's chief function is to 'make life better by water' .  So if you are ever stopped and asked - make sure that you have learned this - and then perhaps in a couple of years CRT will have secured the minuscule amount of funding the government is willing to give them, which will probably now have to come out of the NHS budget, then we can all go back to suggesting that one way CRT could make life better by water would be to maintain and protect the heritage that is the canal system, and to ensure that the system's primary function  and use is  the purpose for which it was created - travelling by boat from one place to another.  (oh Lord - I think the thought police have just come knocking.) 

So if you feel your life has been made better by being on or near water - remember you have the Blessed Richard Parry to thank as it is all his doing - and all it took was an expensive rebrand to make us realise this.  

Tee-hee. I see the makings of a Private Eye article there. Perhaps you should have a word with Mr. Hislop.

Edited by Athy

16 minutes ago, Tanglewood said:

There are some likely possible "outcomes" from all this rebranding.

1 CaRT are correct in their strategy and the Government gives them loads of money realising that they do more for wellbeenz than the NHS, and as you say, money could come from the NHS budget. ?

2 Government does some clear thinking and deduces that CaRT have failed in their duty to maintain our historic navigation by diverting too much funding to activities that are the domain of other charities, and so refuse to renew the grant.

3 (most likely) Government renews the grant but at a much much reduced level. The amount of the new grant just about covers the costs of rebranding plus all the new directors and "non waterway activities" so the canal system is in the same financial position as if the grant had been refused.

..............Dave