What a depressing read!

haggis

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Once again we have demonstrated what an absolutely crap tool the English language is for conveying information from one person to another.

What are you trying to say...

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, haggis said:

In an idle moment I popped over to NB world and what a depressing read it was. The main moaner seems to be out for a few weeks and I don't think he has said anything positive at all yet 

It is all moan, moan and have a go at CRT 

More moaning than this site? Blimey, it really must be bad! 

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

One of the things that really stuck in my mind during a management course was :

"If the person you are talking to doesn't understand then it is your fault for not explaining it properly".

I may sometimes appear to be condescending and 'talking down' to folks but without knowing their skills / knowledge levels is it better to assume they know nothing, or to assume they do know it but just being dumb ?

A bit like talking to a woman then?

• Haha 1

I was always taught "Assume you are talking to someone that can understand the language but will take everything literally"

I.e. if told to "put butter on the bread" expect to see a sealed container of butter placed on top of a loaf of bread

1 hour ago, Jess-- said:

I was always taught "Assume you are talking to someone that can understand the language but will take everything literally"

I.e. if told to "put butter on the bread" expect to see a sealed container of butter placed on top of a loaf of bread

This is good advice if dealing with people who are in any way autistic, certainly!

Whats actually more depressing is the inordinate number or Canalworld members that go there, read it and then come back on here whinging and whining about how depressing it is. DON'T READ IT.

6 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

"If the person you are talking to doesn't understand then it is your fault for not explaining it properly".

I thought you just had to shout louder like when you are in a foreign country