What a depressing read!

haggis

Featured Posts

In an idle moment I popped over to NB world and what a depressing read it was. The main moaner seems to be out for a few weeks and I don't think he has said anything positive at all yet 

It is all moan, moan and have a go at CRT 

What about all this beautiful weather and all the new greenery on the trees and the new wildlife on the canal?? 

It makes me wonder why he has a boat and goes boating if it is all so terrible 

Sadly, there are those who will read his rubbish and think that's is what the canals are like 

Haggis 

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, haggis said:

In an idle moment I popped over to NB world.......................

I can't help, other than to point out your very obvious error.......

(See above!)

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, haggis said:

I know. I should have more sense ?

Haggis 

Sadly, there are those who will read his rubbish and think that's is what the canals are like 

IMHO I wouldn't bother to visit "The Floater" either. 

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 2

55 minutes ago, Ray T said:

IMHO I wouldn't bother to visit "The Floater" either. 

If you are on Facebook its hard to avoid it.

Until about 6 months ago I was a frequent visitor to that site but it was getting me down so much I was starting to wonder why I should stick with boating. 

So I gave it up. NBW that is, not boating.

Feeling much better about being a boat owner now and haven't looked at NBW since.

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

If you are on Facebook its hard to avoid it.

Not really. Block 'The Floater', then anyone who 'shares' it. 

Haven't seen anything from him for months

Richard

4 hours ago, haggis said:

In an idle moment I popped over to NB world and what a depressing read it was. The main moaner seems to be out for a few weeks and I don't think he has said anything positive at all yet 

It is all moan, moan and have a go at CRT 

What about all this beautiful weather and all the new greenery on the trees and the new wildlife on the canal?? 

Haggis 

We have boaters on this forum that read " The Guardian " it seems then that plenty of boaters like doom and gloom stories?

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

We have boaters on this forum that read " The Guardian " it seems then that plenty of boaters like doom and gloom stories?

Some of us do read the Guardian for an informed and well researched view of the news. We are intelligent beings that regard the red tops as rubbish and similarly other papers that are the voice of the government!! However we do agree that NBW and the floater only contain dross!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Richard T said:

Some of us do read the Guardian for an informed and well researched view of the news. We are intelligent beings that regard the red tops as rubbish and similarly other papers that are the voice of the government!!  

Bit like Faceook ?

OP, put a link in to this read..

We've not long found this site and some on here are not really like the canal-folk we know and have known, over the past 50yrs or so.

So it would be nice to see more opinions of the canal world. I'm not a social meda type. ;) Interesting getting others thoughts on something we love, so would be nice to read.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, 70liveaboard said:

OP, put a link in to this read..

We've not long found this site and some on here are not really like the canal-folk we know and have known, over the past 50yrs or so.

So it would be nice to see more opinions of the canal world. I'm not a social meda type. ;) Interesting getting others thoughts on something we love, so would be nice to read.

Thanks.

Let me check I'm reading this right: the OP posts about how  miserable and jaundiced a view on canal life another site has, and you want a link to it as the folk there it might be more your cup of tea?

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Let me check I'm reading this right: the OP posts about how  miserable and jaundiced a view on canal life another site has, and you want a link to it as the folk there it might be more your cup of tea?

Did I say that.. No.. read it again.

3 minutes ago, 70liveaboard said:

Did I say that.. No.. read it again.

Did that. Then I checked with you in case I was reading it wrong.  Now I've checked again and it still reads the same to me.  I suspected I was missing your point though, which is why I asked. :)

• Haha 1

Did that. Then I checked with you in case I was reading it wrong.  Now I've checked again and it still reads the same to me.  I suspected I was missing your point though, which is why I asked. :)

We said it would be nice to see/read more opinions, not that those opinions would be to our taste or not.

Maybe a problem with social media, people don't really read, they just interpret what they see and answer in a sort of subconscious way.

No problem though, if its how you read it.

;)

• Happy 1

3 hours ago, 70liveaboard said:

^^^^ That'll be the line that threw me.  I read that as you thinking the grass might be greener where the OP said he'd been. It matters not - you're perfectly entitled to be unimpressed here and try elsewhere, either instead or as well. 

Thing is though, when we write stuff, it's how the reader actually reads it that counts, not how we think they should read it.

^^^^ That'll be the line that threw me.  I read that as you thinking the grass might be greener where the OP said he'd been. It matters not - you're perfectly entitled to be unimpressed here and try elsewhere, either instead or as well. 

Thing is though, when we write stuff, it's how the reader actually reads it that counts, not how we think they should read it.

I'm not sure how that line makes you believe we're not happy with the content. It is the way you read it, that is at fault. We simply put that other views would be nice to read and that some on here have very different views to ours about boats and boating, lets say. We're very pleased to have all views to read, that's why we'd like to look around.

Not being social media types we haven't really bothered to look, to be honest.

But we'll take your point and explain in more detail, if we see fit in future.