Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Wish I could embed this twitter tweet in a posting :(

https://twitter.com/WildlifeOrphan1/status/1000018884672589825?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">25 May 2018

That must win the Almost Impossibly Cute Award of the week. I particularly like the one which spends almost the whole film determinedly pecking at the tail of one of the others.

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

The tits were ok, but  that bluebird was brilliant. 

Nice bird but awful team

Medium.jpg

Is it about to prey on that unsuspecting little creature crawling along beneath it?

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Is it about to prey on that unsuspecting little creature crawling along beneath it?

If it had more legs I would have said it was a centipede but Mrs Bob (who is welsh from wales) would hit me!

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

Ah, a red necked phalarope, on its way north to breed no doubt and stopping off for a snack at Slimbridge. I saw them and got some 'record' shots this time last year up on Fetlar on Shetland at one of the breeding sites. Not close enough for good shots though. Rare on U.K. mainland with the odd one spotted each year on migration.

Here's a pic of a grey phalarope instead. Also rare in the UK and seen infrequently on their migration north or south. This one was stuck in South Wales in November. The Blue Anchor pub was just round the corner which must have been the attraction.

gnp-.jpg

17 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Nice bird but awful team

Medium.jpg

No, you tweet, this one

twitter-bird.png

10 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Here's a pic of a grey phalarope instead

Again. Its ok, but where is you're Great Tit pic, or have you not got one? 

(No Stephen fry "gold tits" allowed) 

Well, one of the great tit chicks has escaped from the bottom of the electric box today where the nest is. Not sure its quite ready yet for the outside world!

2018-05-27 19.11.17.jpg

Oh no. I don't think he is. Poor fella, could you get him back in to the box. :(

Just now, Tumshie said:

Oh no. I don't think he is. Poor fella, could you get him back in to the box. :(

I don't know about birds (well, not that kind anyway).Is that the right thing to do?

Just now, rusty69 said:

I don't know about birds (well, not that kind anyway).Is that the right thing to do?

I'm not sure - I wouldn't have thought that his parents would feed him if he's not in the nest, but if you can pop him back it might be best to wear gloves, I don't know if smell is an issue but just incase. :unsure: 

25 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I'm not sure - I wouldn't have thought that his parents would feed him if he's not in the nest, but if you can pop him back it might be best to wear gloves, I don't know if smell is an issue but just incase. :unsure: 

I shoved im back in the box, just before a big dog walked past:) The parents are in and out all day feeding them caterpillars (the birds, not the dog).

P1050573.JPG

Edited by rusty69
  • Happy 1

I'm glad you could get him back, I don't suppose smell is an issue, I think the parent just shove food in with ever mouth is the widest. :D I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets some grubs. 

• Happy 1

4 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I'm glad you could get him back, I don't suppose smell is an issue, I think the parent just shove food in with ever mouth is the widest. :D I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets some grubs. 

Apparently there are some swallows nesting in someones outboard motor a few boats up from us.

15 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Apparently there are some swallows nesting in someones outboard motor a few boats up from us.

I suggested that was impolite, but the owners said it wasn't Evinrude!

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I suggested that was impolite, but the owners said it wasn't Evinrude!

Wait til you get a seagull I says, quick as a flash.

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Rusty, do I need to be worried about you, mate?

I'm a sane as the next aladdin.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I'm a sane as the next aladdin.

Good to know. ;)