Stilllearning

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, Steve Manc said:

Sorry, over reacted 

:)

Easy done Steve - that's the trouble with reading stuff: you can't see whether there's a twinkle in someone's eye or a scowl on their face, which is why I sprinkle these wretched emoticons about. :D

Happily, it'll be the beer for us then! :cheers:

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Point of Order....

That's not a fly the flog is catching, its a moth.

Actually, I don't think them frogs eat moths, therefore the pic is a forgery. 

All frogs are carnivores that eat different kinds of bugs and meat; however, frogs do have favourite meals, and some species have become specialized eaters based on their size and skills.

• Small to medium size frogs usually eat insects like mosquitos, moths, dragon flies, flies, and other buzzing things.
  • Medium to large frogs eat larger bugs to fill them up, like worms, grasshoppers, crickets, spiders, beetles, and larger flies.
  • Large frogs might eat a variety of things including bugs, small snakes, other frogs, little fish, mice, baby turtles, and anything moving that’s smaller than their mouths.

4 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

All frogs are carnivores that eat different kinds of bugs and meat; however, frogs do have favourite meals, and some species have become specialized eaters based on their size and skills.

• Small to medium size frogs usually eat insects like mosquitos, moths, dragon flies, flies, and other buzzing things.
  • Medium to large frogs eat larger bugs to fill them up, like worms, grasshoppers, crickets, spiders, beetles, and larger flies.
  • Large frogs might eat a variety of things including bugs, small snakes, other frogs, little fish, mice, baby turtles, and anything moving that’s smaller than their mouths.

I knew that.....

I used to collect all kinds of British bugs. By the end of an early summer's morning motorcycle journey from Plymouth to Portsmouth, I'd have all sorts on my visor.  The mighty "Cockchafer" was my nemesis - it was like running into a Tesco Finest egg custard tart! They could very easily necessitate an unscheduled stop. :sick:

6 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Point of Order....

That's not a fly the flog is catching, its a moth.

Actually, I don't think them frogs eat moths, therefore the pic is a forgery. 

Point of order....

That flog isn't a flog - it's a frog.

How much is a frog worth if you flog it?

50 minutes ago, NewCanalBoy said:

It certainly sounds like fun, especially if you were that good to get them mid flight !!

But doesn't it leave small piles of salt everywhere ?

Oddly no, a full load lasts for ever so it must only fire tiny amounts