Stilllearning

Featured Posts

It might be interesting to hear what methods of fly control members of the forum use for minimizing the annoyance caused by buzzing insects indoors. Not just flies, but also mosquitoes, clothes moths etc.

I ask as my arm is getting knackered from infective attempts at swatting, and papers are unaesthetic.

51 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

It might be interesting to hear what methods of fly control members of the forum use for minimizing the annoyance caused by buzzing insects indoors. Not just flies, but also mosquitoes, clothes moths etc.

I ask as my arm is getting knackered from infective attempts at swatting, and papers are unaesthetic.

I boat in the UK so its not relevant, flies only live in warmer climates.

10 minutes ago, cuthound said:

I bought a (mains) version of one of those. The flies treat it with complete indifference. 

We have a fly problem in France probably because it’s so Rural with lots of cattle and effluent about. Best thing so far is the old fashioned sticky strips and they sell some window stickers that catch to small stuff. For Mosies it a plug in at night.

• Greenie 1

20 hours ago, Dav and Pen said:

We have a fly problem in France probably because it’s so Rural with lots of cattle and effluent about. Best thing so far is the old fashioned sticky strips and they sell some window stickers that catch to small stuff. For Mosies it a plug in at night.

We are in a similar situation, and use papers and plugins, but my wife seems to get bitten by anything. Rural living is no doubt part of the problem. We will try one of the electric swatters next.

17 hours ago, sbainbridge said:

Vax rechargeable vacuum cleaner. It's my new passion, chasing flies round the boat armed with the vacuum cleaner.  It works and is very effective.

I used that method to get rid of an ant infestation in my mother-in-laws house once.