SAT NAV ( WAZE )

Parahandy

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, WotEver said:

???  That’s the easiest bit.

Open Waze, click the box, enter destination (even something vague like ‘petrol station in Whitestone’) and it just, well, works. 

See the big Box that says ‘Where to?’

How much easier do you want it to be?

56633C37-05EE-48AD-81AD-2D86D9412027.png.cb39121f345bf758275b32fe0832aa24.png

When I tried Waze there was no such box. They’ve copied it from i maps. 

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

That box has been there as long as I’ve been using Waze - around 8 years or more. Alternatively hit the intuitive search icon bottom left to bring it up. 

I couldn’t care less what you or anyone else uses. It’d be a boring old world if we all liked the same thing. I just don’t like to see disinformation such as ‘Waze is difficult to use’ when it isn’t. 

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

That box has been there as long as I’ve been using Waze - around 8 years or more. Alternatively hit the intuitive search icon bottom left to bring it up. 

I couldn’t care less what you or anyone else uses. It’d be a boring old world if we all liked the same thing. I just don’t like to see disinformation such as ‘Waze is difficult to use’ when it isn’t. 

You find it easy. I find it clumsy and awkward. You always HAVE  to be right, even when you’re not. It’s not an endearing trait. 

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You find it easy. I find it clumsy and awkward. You always HAVE  to be right, even when you’re not. It’s not an endearing trait. 

But I am right. It’s easy to use. Ask any of the folk in this thread who use it, you don’t have to take my word for it. 

17 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Like I said, you just can’t accept other people’s experiences differ from yours. 

Sure I can. You have a problem with tech. I appreciate that :D

3 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Sure I can. You have a problem with tech. I appreciate that :D

If that helps you rationalise away the fact that my experience of Waze has been poor, then that’s fine with me. 

Like I said, you seem unable to accept other people’s expetiences differ from yours and you continue to illustrate this. 

2 minutes ago, nb Innisfree said:

Roadworks yes, but potholes in the vicinity could be anywhere! ?

:D

Actually, not 30 minutes after your post I had to pop into town and on my way back I got exactly the same warning.  I couldn’t find the warned-of hole either. As you say though, I may have missed it while dodging around all the others :)

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

In the black and white corner, weighing in at 168 lbs Iron Mike "The bruiser" boilerman.

In the red corner, weighing in at 161 lbs and 5' 10"  tall WotEver "The Waze Worshipper" 

:giggles:

I’m only 5’ 7” and according to my doctor I’m clinically obese. :P 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Not taking sides or anything but my Waze doesn't have that box unless I hit the question button, then it comes up with various previous addresses underneath but it's not there on map view. 

The problem with false alarms/warnings is that it diminishes the credibility of the app. If you repeatedly get false warnings you start to disregard them and then when something credible happens you find you have ignored it.

Much like the warnings on motorway overhead signs that stick long after the hazard has been removed or was so trivial as to not needing to warn anybody in the first place.

3 minutes ago, nb Innisfree said:

Not taking sides or anything but my Waze doesn't have that box unless I hit the question button, then it comes up with various previous addresses underneath but it's not there on map view. 

That's a bit odd, before I quoted Mtb I checked my Waze and I couldn't find the box but I've just checked again and it's there! 

Bit of a glitch probably. 

18 minutes ago, nb Innisfree said:

That's a bit odd, before I quoted Mtb I checked my Waze and I couldn't find the box but I've just checked again and it's there! 

Bit of a glitch probably. 

When you launch the app it’s there. Press the map and it goes away to make the screen clearer. Hit the search button and it comes back. 

5 minutes ago, nb Innisfree said:

My fave is Google Maps but one downside is the lack of a speed limit notice, Waze has one but unlike GM a button has to be pressed to enable voice command. With GM I can do everything by voice command. 

What’s voice command?

25 minutes ago, NB Lola said:

Hey, fight on.  I use Waze and it works.  I am happy to educate or ignore users as you see fit.  Life is far too short.

I’m with you there. I couldn’t care less what folk use as long as they’re making their decision based on the facts :)

2 minutes ago, WotEver said:

When you launch the app it’s there. Press the map and it goes away to make the screen clearer. Hit the search button and it comes back. 

What’s voice command?

Er, you search using your voice. Rather than typing.

6 minutes ago, WotEver said:

What’s voice command?

I just say "Hey Google" and my phone wakes up, then I say "OK Google" and the screen loads up and I say "Navigate to (wherever)" and it starts off. 

Edited by nb Innisfree

24 minutes ago, MJG said:

The problem with false alarms/warnings is that it diminishes the credibility of the app. If you repeatedly get false warnings you start to disregard them and then when something credible happens you find you have ignored it.

Warnings of potholes, speed traps, roadworks etc are input by users so they’re a movable feast. Sometimes correct, sometimes outdated. If (for instance) roadworks are no longer there then you can, if you wish, hit the thumbs-down icon to inform Waze that they're not there. Once a few folk have done that it removes the warning. 

Just now, nb Innisfree said:

I just say "Hey Google and my phone wakes up, then I say" OK Google" and the screen loads up and I say "Navigate to (wherever)" and it starts off. 

Oh cool. That’s on a Google phone?

4 minutes ago, MJG said:

Er, you search using your voice. Rather than typing.

Never done that. I feel stupid talking to my phone. I might try it when I’m on my own ;)

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Oh cool. That’s on a Google phone?

Android Yes, or tablet.

To open maps you say 'ok google, open maps' to then find petrol stations you say 'ok google find petrol stations'.

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Never done that. I feel stupid talking to my phone. I might try it when I’m on my own ;)

What a Luddite, you always had a problem with new technology. 

Works brilliantly!

9 minutes ago, WotEver said:

When I checked first there was no box, I closed it down and then reload a few mins later and it was there, but it stays there if I tap the screen map. 

36 minutes ago, MJG said:

Much like the warnings on motorway overhead signs that stick long after the hazard has been removed or was so trivial as to not needing to warn anybody in the first place.

We have been using WAZE for some time now without any false alarm or warnings , its interesting to note that the next generation of Ford Infotainment systems will be designed for Integration with the APP , so if that is not a vote of confidence in the Apps Capability and Integrity what is ?

Edited by Parahandy

1 minute ago, Parahandy said:

We have been using WAZE for some time now without any false alarm or warnings , its interesting to note that the next generation of Ford Infotainment systems will designed for Integration with the APP , so if that is not a vote of confidence in the Apps Capability and Integrity what is ?

Strange. You must have some magic ability to avoid them then i guess.