Featured Posts

57 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

Not great quality as this image is a photograph of a 35mm slide, which in turn has just been scanned as a jpeg - but was taken by me as a part of my survey of G.U.C.C.Co. Ltd. narrow boats that I undertook between 1990 and 2000 :captain:

1587446473_CAMBOURNEatAylesbury17September1999(copyrightPeteHarrison).jpg.1f8afcf58ced3974135a44ef44933b16.jpg

Thanks a million Pete! This is ace, I was promised some copies of shots of her from the guy who converted her but never received them. This is the first time I have properly managed to see her unconverted. I can see why they overplayed the counter even from this photograph :'P

1 hour ago, pete harrison said:

Not great quality as this image is a photograph of a 35mm slide, which in turn has just been scanned as a jpeg - but was taken by me as a part of my survey of G.U.C.C.Co. Ltd. narrow boats that I undertook between 1990 and 2000 :captain:

1587446473_CAMBOURNEatAylesbury17September1999(copyrightPeteHarrison).jpg.1f8afcf58ced3974135a44ef44933b16.jpg

I was going to say it spent a long while moored on the towpath at Aylesbury and here it is. One of my old boats (Slow Motion) in the background. Suspect this picture may well have been taken around the time of one of the ACS parties as that's when we used to get down there. 

Edited by Loddon

6 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Reminds me of the story of 'Train don't stop Cambourne Thursdays'. Name of comedian escapes me presently.

Jethro...?