Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
rusty69

2018 - Small Puter?

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Dartagnan said:

I am an Apple convert.  Numerous windows laptops sitting around the house which contain data which I can’t access.

I have the iPhone, iPad and I have been looking for a MacBook Air.  There are plenty of new ones on eBay which go for about £650-£700 and obviously used ones cheaper still.  The only reason I haven’t pushed the button just yet is that there are rumours a new version will be announced in June.  This is more than plausible as the MacBook air is now quite long in the tooth despite it saying ‘2017’.

That's interesting about the new MacBook Air, so I've just had a little look at Mac Rumours (dot) com and they have a bit about the WWDC18 - snippet copied below.

"Apple also often debuts new hardware at its Worldwide Developers Conference, and this year, rumors have suggested that we could see a new lower-cost MacBook Air and iPad Pro models equipped with Face ID, the facial recognition system that first debuted in the iPhone X."

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Somehow, I’m just not convinced!

The problem with Linux is the applications for it unless you just want it for browsing and basic office apps they are either a bit clumbersome or need a degree to use.  Apple apps tend to a bit more polished.

Just now, Robbo said:

The problem with Linux is the applications for it unless you just want it for browsing and basic office apps they are either a bit clumbersome or need a degree to use.  Apple apps tend to a bit more polished.

Quite. My primary uses are website design and desktop publishing. Apple is GREAT for these uses. 

6 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

My primary uses are website design and desktop publishing. Apple is GREAT for these uses.

I've never used website design stuff, but for DTP there's Scribus. It can do pretty much everything that InDesign (and others) can do.

12 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Thanks all. 

My heart says Macbook, my wallet says Chromebook. 

Decision made. 

Apples are really good for image manipulation which is what I use and you need for your great tits.?

• Haha 1