30-ft Lime Green Narrowboat Stolen Tyle Mill, K&A

Jim Batty

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, zenataomm said:

Never mind repainting and throwing away the astro turf.  You'd have to do some major surgery to disguise that combination of windows/port holes and side hatch (if that's what it is)

It appears to be a wooden cabin, therefore easier to modified.

There was a very similar looking boat at Hungerford on Sunday which had just been painted white very messily. The brass mushroom vents also painted. The paint was so fresh that you could smell it as you walked the towpath. It was still there on Monday morning when I left. I have a photo of the boat, but from a distance. The stern certainly looks similar. If it is the same boat it's heading away from the Thames.

8 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

It caused quite a stir when someone asked that on FB

Yes, it did :)  I have been called a gobshite etc for asking for the crime number .... the mouthy tossers can get on with it.

17 hours ago, CV32 said:

Yes, it did :)  I have been called a gobshite etc for asking for the crime number .... the mouthy tossers can get on with it.

5 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Probably another insurance scam. 

I have no idea what's going on here, but if anyone was going to nick a boat they'd have to be particularly dim to take one that distinctive...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have no idea what's going on here, but if anyone was going to nick a boat they'd have to be particularly dim to take one that distinctive...

So is the insurance scam mentioned report the boat stolen to get the insurance payout, and paint it a different colour in the hope of preventing it being found? Dim indeed!

24 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

So is the insurance scam mentioned report the boat stolen to get the insurance payout, and paint it a different colour in the hope of preventing it being found? Dim indeed! 

Edited by reg
Retracted said nothing of benefit

On 15/05/2018 at 15:27, Alan de Enfield said:

The dogs on that porthole appear to be on the outside, if that is the case then security is not very good, and, it must be very inconvenient to be inside and have to go outside to open the 'window'.

:offtopic:And if similar portholes are fitted with the fastenings on the inside, so they open inward, the result with a sloping cabin side is a dished area on the outside that fills with water as it rains, so when you open the port it empties itself all over you and the inside of the boat...............

And I know this because.......

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Pretty much.

Get friend to "steal" boat. Maybe empty a few cupboards on the floor and break a lock, move said boat a couple of miles, report stolen, claim insurance for damage, get boat back, spend insurance money on anything but the boat. 

16 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Pretty much.

Get friend to "steal" boat. Maybe empty a few cupboards on the floor and break a lock, move said boat a couple of miles, report stolen, claim insurance for damage, get boat back, spend insurance money on anything but the boat. 

Yes thought so. Would explain why they got arsey when pressed for a crime number. 

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

If you painted the grass blue or pink no-one would ever recognise her.

15 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

But there is one, the people on FB just didn't like you questioning it

But CV32 didn't say he was questioning it, he was just asking for a crime number and got called a gobshite for asking. Hardly the behaviour of someone wanting their boat back is it?

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

But CV32 didn't say he was questioning it, he was just asking for a crime number and got called a gobshite for asking. Hardly the behaviour of someone wanting their boat back is it?

But it wasn't by the owner who wasn't even a member on Facebook at the time it was others. The owner had nothing to do with the replies to the question. Problem when Internet gets info wrong. CV asked a valid question and others wanted to know why he was asking. 

Repeat the owner had no say in the replies at that time and did provide an incident number later on. 

Edited by reg

Well I hope the boat gets found. 

Either way, if it is a genuine theft or an insurance scam, finding the boat will be an excellent result. Will keep a lookout for it myself. Someone said it is heading north on the Oxford. So am I.

58 minutes ago, reg said:

But it wasn't by the owner who wasn't even a member on Facebook at the time it was others. The owner had nothing to do with the replies to the question. Problem when Internet gets info wrong. CV asked a valid question and others wanted to know why he was asking. 

Repeat the owner had no say in the replies at that time and did provide an incident number later on. 

Same thing happen, when the Name and Index number was asked for.

14 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes thought so. Would explain why they got arsey when pressed for a crime number. 

Surely the insurance company would require a crime number before paying out on a stolen boat?

If it it a scam the perprepator must indeed be dim.