From inside Braunston Tunnel

GRLMK38

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, MJG said:

The thing is when you put a picture up on here you expose it (No pun intended) to potential criticism as well as positive comments - it's the way of a forum. If you only want to receive oooohs and ahhhhs 'that's amazing' type comments then a public internet forum is perhaps not the best place to publish a picture.

@MJG you may well be right about the technical aspects.  I was merely pointing out that there is an artistic element and a technical element and as part of a discussion forum we are free to explore both aspects.  That's the great thing about "canalers", lot's of people from many different backgrounds with many different experiences and opinions (and everyone of them right!)

To be fair to the photographer, the boats were moving and he had never been through Braunston tunnel before so had no idea of light levels etc.

8 hours ago, Horace42 said:

If it was me, I would have my brolly up. Water usually pours down the shafts.

I never find Braunston particularly wet, to the extent of often not bothering with a coat.

Blisworth is generally far wetter, (and indeed yesterday the wettest I have seen it in a very long while).

12 hours ago, matty40s said:

Looks like Tim Carter from Dodford - caption reads "What the bloody hell do you have to do to please some people....."

11 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I agree it ooks like Tim, but if taken yesterday, I rather doubt it is.

Apart from being unaware of any strong connection between him and Friends of Raymond, I also note William is here at Stoke Bruerne, and I imagine he was steering that yesterday, and not at Braunston.

9 hours ago, GRLMK38 said:

It's Will Hewitt

That's a relief - I thought I might have to eat my words, as when William passed is at Stoke Bruerne Top Lock this morning unusually it wasn't Tim Carter in charge of it.

5 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I never find Braunston particularly wet, to the extent of often not bothering with a coat.

Blisworth is generally far wetter, (and indeed yesterday the wettest I have seen it in a very long 

Have to agree with that- Couple of weeks ago or so it was like passing under a gigantic hose pipe ?