Almost a banter

haggis

Featured Posts

We are out on Kelpie and are moored behind Mac of Cygnets boat but unfortunately he is in Scotland at the moment so we won't meet :-(. 

I gather that another forum members boat was also in this area recently but it has gone 

Do we get brownie points for having "almost"  banters? 

Haggis 

16 minutes ago, ianali said:

We passed a boat named Cygnet the other day.

There are about a dozen of us.  I've met 6 or 7.  Shared Sutton stop lock with another Cygnet once.  Have to keep a sharp look out for pike, though.

Edited to say that the 'other forum member' that Haggis mentioned is none other than DHutch, the high heid yin.

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

12 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

There are about a dozen of us.  I've met 6 or 7.  Shared Sutton stop lock with another Cygnet once.  Have to keep a sharp look out for pike, though.

Edited to say that the 'other forum member' that Haggis mentioned is none other than DHutch, the high heid yin.

Then I will have to guess whether it was your boat. I waved anyway. 

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

:)A gold star for the apostrophe in the right place! or is it Athys' boat? Never was any good at Inglish!

I reckon it depends on whether or not he is the sole owner or he owns it jointly with Mrs Athy.

• Haha 1

On 11/05/2018 at 20:32, haggis said:

We are out on Kelpie and are moored behind Mac of Cygnets boat but unfortunately he is in Scotland at the moment so we won't meet :-(. 

I gather that another forum members boat was also in this area recently but it has gone 

Do we get brownie points for having "almost"  banters? 

Haggis 

Depends where you are.

ETA We're in Strawberry Island, Doncaster at pres. Pushing off Trentwards next week.

Edited by Victor Vectis

Name dropping again!  I have just seen DMR s boat moored along from us! It is many years since we met on the Birmingham and Fazeley and hopefully we will encounter one another in the morning although we are facing in different directions 

Haggis 

5 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

I dont think his ecofan was going round.

Not really wanting to go off topic, but on hot days the roof of the boat gets really hot, if you put your ecofan, (other brands are available) on the roof pointing sternwards, would you save Diesel?

49 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Not really wanting to go off topic, but on hot days the roof of the boat gets really hot, if you put your ecofan, (other brands are available) on the roof pointing sternwards, would you save Diesel?

Whatever you do, don’t point if forwards - you’d never get anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Of course you would but the speed limit prevents you doing it and it would be very difficult to slow down. Can we get back on topic please? .....err..what was the topic?