NB Birmingham

Richard T

Featured Posts

I have just seen on the Narrow Boat Owners group on Facebook that Derek the custodian of Birmingham died unexpectedly on Wednesday. The source was Vivienne Barber so it should be reliable.

The photos were taken at Stourton Junction in the summer of 2014.

Thoughts are with his family.

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3223.JPG

IMG_3224.JPG

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, NB Esk said:

I didn't know him but it would be a fitting tribute if the boat could continue to be looked after, the way it clearly has been.  RIP.

How very patriarchal of you...why would it not be...every decision for that boat was made by me.

• Greenie 3

27 minutes ago, allybsc said:

How very patriarchal of you...why would it not be...every decision for that boat was made by me.

You used to post on here quite a bit, hope I didn't cause any offence, certainly didn't mean to.

I am sure people are being well intentioned, but I note that Allyson has posted elsewhere that she would prefer people were not posting pictures ether of Derek or of Birmingham at the moment.

I can't even start to imagine what a traumatic time this must be for her - as I understand it this was completely without any warning.

Can I please plead that people abide by Allyson's wishes, and refrain from posting anything that makes an immensely difficult time any harder than it already is.

Thank you.

• Greenie 2

I can only apologise for posting the photographs. I was totally unaware that Allyson had requested  pictures not be posted - had I been I would have respected her wishes. If at a later date Allyson would like copies of the photos let me know and I will supply them.

My thoughts are with her and family at this difficult time.

Richard

• Greenie 1