3LW Uneven Running

jonesthenuke

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, jenevers said:

This is my set up. It looks different from Martyn1's. Am I searching in vain for the     "tiny hole"?

IMG_20190214_110610.jpg

Same setup just not as polished, Personally I wouldn't have it polished as the one in the pic is because you end up with shares in brasso and spending all your time cleaning it rather than using it to keep it looking like it. But in the case of the pic that is what the customer wanted.

As split pin has said you would need to remove the pipe and fitting that is on  the left of your picture and pointing horozontally and it is in the bottom of the hole that is left behind, but as mentioned it can be very hard to see.

3 hours ago, martyn 1 said:

Same setup just not as polished, Personally I wouldn't have it polished as the one in the pic is because you end up with shares in brasso and spending all your time cleaning it rather than using it to keep it looking like it. But in the case of the pic that is what the customer wanted.

Yes, mine’s an engine not a wedding cake?

Thanks for the info?

Edited by jenevers

I make sure to paint anything made of copper ,brass ,bronze or ally,with either red oxide or mica black...........The marine thieves round here come with chainsaws on the off chance of a brass porthole or hatch fitting,and the glint of polished metal is a magnet .

• Greenie 1