Beta 43 temp sender

frahkn

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, frahkn said:

Just a quick one.

Where on the engine is the sender for the temperature gauge? Had a quick look but couldn't find it.

Thanks.

I'm in the pub, so can't rake a look at my Beta 43 and describe the location just now, but search online and you'll find Beta manuals free to download from their official site. Well worth having.

Dunno but I think there may be some sort of blanking plug on the front of the engine at the top in the dome shaped thingy that could be the stat housing, seem to remember fitting a sender in one a while back, that meant the warning light still worked but there was also a 'proper' temp gauge as well.

Don't have the time to go looking,  but the wire to the water temp sensor is blue with a green stripe according to the Beta manual. The manual doesn't show the location. Most likely high on the engine block, or cylinder head, or possibly in the thermostat housing. Hot coolant rises and the heat is added near the top of the cylinders from burning fuel. Most exits via the thermostat housing and returns after cooling to the water pu mp.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies