"To buy or not to buy-" - interview with a broker (Rugby Boats)

Lily Rose

Featured Posts

This 16 minute Cruising The Cut video may be of interest to anyone wondering about the process of buying a boat. David spends about 15 mins minutes interviewing James from Rugby Boats.

Many of the issues discussed seem to crop up regularly in the New to Boating forum so would probably be of interest to many newbies. As indeed would much of Cruising The Cut (131 videos and counting) but this particular video might be a good place to start.

Apologies if this has already been linked to elsewhere.

• Greenie 1

There was a thread where this was publicised a few weeks back....or was it a month? Certainly does no harm giving it another airing though. It did provoke a bit of discussion on the 'worth' of Davids vlogs and having watched his 120 plus vlogs, I think they are well worth it .....definition as per other thread running on value.

Now I'm home for a few weeks I've just started catching up on the last half dozen or so. I don't remember seeing this one being discussed but I could have missed it as I'm sometimes away from the forum for a while depending on what else is going on in real life. I'll have to search out that thread.

Update. Nope, can't find it, though my search did bring up the thread, which I had seen, about the making lock gates episode.

Edited by Lily Rose

No, it wasn't that one. There was a discussion on davids vlogs, I'm sure in April, but I can't find it, even looking back at my posts! It was part of another thread ...i.e. Off topic, so rather difficult to find with this search engine. 

He hasn't added many lately...as I believe he mentioned that he had some paid work come up recently that has taken him away from Vlogging (temporarily)

As result I have been looking, finding and following others.

I particularly like CountryhouseGent.  Didn't initially but his style/humour has grown on my and is now one of my favourites.

I also very much like minimalist.

David's videos do feel the most professional (but CHG provides the best videos of the passing scenery)

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

No, it wasn't that one. There was a discussion on davids vlogs, I'm sure in April, but I can't find it, even looking back at my posts! It was part of another thread ...i.e. Off topic, so rather difficult to find with this search engine. 

maybe this one then....

mention of David's Vlog....

you commented.....

so ticks 2 boxes.

Failing that I give up :)

3 hours ago, kawaton said:

As result I have been looking, finding and following others.

I particularly like CountryhouseGent.  Didn't initially but his style/humour has grown on my and is now one of my favourites.

I also very much like minimalist.

David's videos do feel the most professional (but CHG provides the best videos of the passing scenery)

Big shame that CHG is going over to Vimeo, you have to pay to watch his vids now, 99p i believe.

I will miss that engine.

• Greenie 1

21 minutes ago, Mike Hurley said:

Big shame that CHG is going over to Vimeo, you have to pay to watch his vids now, 99p i believe.

Blimey, is that right?

They must be damn good if people are going to pay that. I'd better check out his YouTube stuff, assuming it's not being taken down. Or perhaps it is.

6 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

Blimey, is that right?

They must be damn good if people are going to pay that. I'd better check out his YouTube stuff, assuming it's not being taken down. Or perhaps it is.

He made a video the other day saying that youtube was not paying enough, looking at the comments not many people will follow him over to vimeo and he gets a fair bit of criticism as well, people are unsubscribing. His videos were still there last night.

I watched the vid with interest, and it is indeed informative for a tyro.

The broker's underlying message is "Buy your boat from a broker, and buy it soon". Who would have guessed?

Country house gent is also my fave....along with the girls bit i wont be paying for each video.....no need to in this current market....i dont think there is stardom or a living to be made from youtube on channela that are a bit niche like narrowboating unlike motorcycles or computer games etc etc where people make 100'000 + a year a few make millions....