Yelverton Marina

Fender151

Featured Posts

I will be moving my 60 ft NB across to Grand Union in June and considering leisure Morring's at Yelverton Marina.

I have spoken with them on the phone and looked at their website, all looks good. I prefer a Marina in the countryside, logistically it's where I need to be.

I would be interested in feedback experience from any members who have stayed at this Marina or any alternative suggestions.

I will visit before I commit.

Many thanks,

Jon

I understand David of Cruising the Cut fame started his Narrowboat life there.  He spoke quite highly of them.  I have also read some unflattering reports about the marina but like everything on the internet we never hear the other side.  There was a management change at the marina so I don’t know who the management were at the time of David’s stay.

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Yep.

From my limited experience it seems so to me although there are no doubt exceptions. Perhaps Braunston is one given its shape and (what looks like) sheltered position.

Ours marina is windy and I also always notice how windy Brinklow seems to be when we go past. I also cruised into Dunchurch Pools recently as we went North and that was very windy. On the return leg I cruised past the entrance and immediately felt the wind as we moved past the trees and into the winding hole-sized entrance. As we started to pass we were in the centre of the canal and by the time we were nearly past I was almost into the offside bank and having to take avoiding action.